“Honest review of a nice hotel”
Review of Luna Miramar

Luna Miramar
Ranked #71 of 154 Hotels in Albufeira
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Travelled as two couples with my husband and his brother and his girlfriend for a four night mini holiday. Upon arrival we were surprised how modern the hotel was, very trendy which is perfect for us. We were greeted by a lovely bloke on reception who took our bags and told us to go an grab our food as evening meal was closing soon I didn't catch his name but he was a star the whole holiday as was another man on the bar in the restaurant who also worked on reception.
Pro's
spotlessly clean and modern
staff brilliant and friendly, make an effort to smile and speak even the manager seemed sound we nicknamed him the suit, could see he meant business as he wanted everything just so (which is good) but he was nice to staff and always said hello to us
food was good for a.i I'm a vegetarian and my sister in law is a fussy eater and neither of us went hungry plenty of choice of salads etc. You know with all in that you're not going to get gourmet food but it was nice
rooms lovely plenty of room in studio, air con, balcony, bath and shower, fridge. Maids in each day, very clean.
good location, slightly closer to old town I would say- cheap taxis if you wanted one 5€ max
right next door to a shopping centre with supermarket I had my curly blow done at the hairdressers in there for 15€
Cons
pool a bit small for us lounger wise would be nice to have sun loungers on the roof of the restaurant too as it's flat and would catch the sun and save people scrabbling to find a lounger.
limited drinks, didn't expect anything more really but as we are spirit drinkers my husband only drinks bourbon and my sister in law peach schnapps and sourz there was nothing for them could have done with some kind of schnapps though as it's a fairly common drink
the lift took ages and I don't think you can use stairs as there's a sign on them.

I'd definitely stay here again, it's not great of you're on a lads or girls hol as it's very chilled, don't get me wrong we liked going out getting steamin but it's not the place for doing that in the hotel. Few tweaks here and there it'll be amazing, we'd come back self catering though only because we don't like being stuck in the hotel we like to explore local restaurants etc. Sorry for long winded review

Stayed: July 2014
8  Thank totallylovelasvegas

Dear totallylovelasvegas,

Thank you for your preference and for your feedback about your recent stay at Luna Miramar.

First thank you very much for choosing Luna Miramar as your holiday destination.
And also thank you for your words that motivate us day after day.
I look forward to your visit again and of course I am happy to be able to come back to see you again.

Looking forward to welcome you back soon.
Luna Miramar (tiagopais@lunahoteis.com)

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed here for a week in july with my boyfriend, im one one to complain but it was just terrible, there were not enough sun loungers at the pool, when we went to put our towells out they were all taken, you could barely see the pool from our balcony ours just overlooked some fake grass which was quite depressing, it also got no sun atall. theres no privacy you feel like your staring into someones balcony everywhere you look.
the front door in our apartment didnt lock properly, we came back from being out one night and our door was open which made me feel very uncomfortable about sleeping there as we thought someone had been in our apartment, my boyfriend complained to the manager but he was very ignorant and done nothing about it. we were siting on the balcony one night and the door opened by itself after we had just locked it. we also came back one of the days and found our fridge had been rearranged and the butter and milk was left out on the counter? he also complained about that and the manager said that the cleaner must have been in.. why she was going through the contents of our fridge i do not know! we were actually glad to be coming back home to somewhere safe,
the only good things about the holiday were the location and the friendly staff, the manager not being one of them, he shouldnt be there atall! our rooms were also cleaned everyday with fresh towels and bed clothes. the pubs and restaurants were great and the weather was amazing, we will definately be going back to portugal but unfortunately will never stay in this hotel again I dont know where there getting their 4 stars from there wasnt even a kettle to make a cup of tea and if you plugged in the toaster it tripped all the lights and didnt work atall which was just brilliant alltogether :/ wont be going back

Room Tip: try get an appartment facing west of the pool as they looked to get sun on the balcony all day
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Amcm2014

Dear Amcm2014,

So poor thing had on your stay here at the hotel, I think that nothing went well.
Was it anyway? Does anything made ​​that was good? Are we in here to spoil the holidays for our clients?
Well I never or my team we with this thought and to see the comments you have here.

However back to strengthen my invitation to visit us again, so we can rectify all matters have been bad during your holiday.

Kind Regards

Tiago Pais Manager Luna Miramar (tiagopais@lunahoteis.com)

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Just got back yesterday from stay at miramar. We were dreading it after reading some of the bad reviews, but chose it for its excellent location. It was a lovely clean hotel. Four adults in same apartment and it was so spacious and so much space for all our clothes. Usually theres not enough wardrobe space. The entrance is stunning. I will return, but my only negative comment would be the sunbed issue. There is just not enough to go round. They are nearly all taken with towels on by 7.30 am. If you are lucky enough to get one, your scared to leave it even for something as simple as going for lunch for fear of people taken it and throwing your towels off. We had been out since 10am and went to our room for lunch. Gone literally ten minutes and my husband looked over balcony to see a bunch of young germans, who had been sitting next to us for a few hours take two of our beds. Husband went down and nearly got into a big argument as they were very arrogant. I had watched them do the same to a young british couple the day before. It became a daily issue with someone getting their bed stolen and not just by these young germans. I saw a few people shouting about same thing. It could get out of hand and become nasty if you choose the wrong persons bed to steal. Never known an issue with beds like this before and I am well travelled..

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank jordan c
Luna H, Manager at Luna Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear jordan c,

Thank you very much for your kind review. At Luna Miramar we do our best everyday to exceed our guests expectations. We are very glad you enjoyed the Hotel, its location and services, and had a good time in Albufeira.
Looking forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for the first time and unfortunately the last time also! Four day break in June 2014. Arrived and thought....this looks nice as the Lobby was nice, then all went wrong from there really.....Bar too small, Pool Bar/snack bar rubbish and food served there was done in a microwave and in the main restaurant I would say poor offering and pretty much the same everyday...tasteless! A party of 12 should be music to your ears... ££££££, however, they stuck us at the back of the Restaurant away from everyone and told us to use that table all week.....a fantastic welcome by 12 educated adults !
On arrival rooms were not ready for us but we really only had to wait about an hour though in the baking sun with no room for us around the pool. The room was ok, Patio door took a magician to operate and if it actually locked was a bonus. A couple of the plug sockets didn't work and even though the room had teacups, there was no kettle, just use a saucepan if your feeling parched! Clean and tidy and enough room!
Pool area was way too small for the number of guests, not enough loungers and no space, well over capacity! You need to get up and place your towel on a lounger no later than 06.20am....
But....if you speak with the Manager in a calm and polite manner about the pool issue, you will be surprised by his attitude, rudeness and down right lack of Customer Service! The key skills a Hotel manager needs : Attention to detail, A warm and open personality, good interpersonal skills and the most important one is communication and listening, so....Back to school for you Mr Hotel Manager...The way you manage and treat your customers will impact on your Hotel immensely. Its a shame..Good Luck!

Room Tip: Being on the same floor as Reception is handy!
8  Thank suntravel2014

Dear suntravel2014,

We're a work team that tries to do everything so that our customers the best during your holiday.
I see nothing went well on your point of view, which I regret, but I'm sorry you did not come to me at the front desk to speak, because I am always present and available for my clients.
Surely you saw me and possibly even greet us.
Good as it should calculate just now I do it is no longer at the hotel, now is that, I can not even.

Good luck to you too!

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Just returned from a long weekend with 9 friends and stayed at the Luna Miramar. The apartments were fab very spacious and clean. We went all inclusive and the food was good with lots of choice and the bar staff were friendly and quick. The hotel is in a good location with both the strip and the old town within walking distance. The only problem that I had with this hotel was the sunbeds. There are not enough of them and we had to get up at 6am to make sure that we were able to get one, not ideal when your on a weekend away. All in all a fab weekend.

2  Thank Kezbez74

Dear Jennimell,

Thank you for choosing Luna Miramar and for your kind comments. It is this kind of feedback that gives us extra motivation. It is wonderful to know you had a great time at the Hotel.
Regarding the issue of sundbed am working to ensure that this situation is resolved. I want to mention just 110 sundbeds that we have available are sufficient, but yet our clients do not respect the rules. It is not allowed to book the sunbed soon do evil is already at the very beginning.
Believe that we are trying to solve and raise customer at this point.
Looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Hen Party
Arrived last Friday, couldnt check in till after 15.00pm, the pool was rammed no loungers, went to complain and was met by the Manager who had no customer experience what so ever, and more or less said if we didn't like it then we would have a bad experience and hinted we would be asked to leave if we continued to complain.
Room was ok, no kettle, little hot water, full length mirror in the wrong place which couldnt be used.
Food was ok if you liked pork, chips, jelly and other tasteless delights.
Would not stay here again, but we made the best of what we had, didnt like being told when we could eat, or drink and ice creams limited to one scoop which was hilarious.
It's a shame because the hotel could be fantastic, if the Manager was removed and the relaxed the rules a little and made more of a fun place, especially as it's advertised as a Hen & Stage hotel, not the case as familes were there so had to watch what you did or say, very disapointing.
We are going to raise or views with Jet2 Holidays also, everyone was going to complain once back in England.
thanks

7  Thank Joanne B
Luna H, Manager at Luna Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Joanne B,

I know it is the same group of GemskiLou.

For your complaint can only mention that is not correct. All customers that we are respected and treated well.
I remember of your complaint so arrived at the hotel after lunch and the same was resolved. Just think with 1 hour after entry into the hotel your group already complaining.
However I solved the problem and it was handled.
Sorry about my person was not to your liking, know that your opinion is not shared by everyone as it is quite different.
Tiago Pais Manager Luna Miramar (tiagopais@lunahoteis.com)

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Please toy surprised when we arrived at Luna Miramar. Lobby area is so modern and clean, wifi available. Pool was also lovely and clean although a couple days all beds were taken and people who had left their towels at breakfast were removed (only fair if you ask me) Great little gardens where I sat to read books as it could get noisy by the pool.
Location was spot on, literally half way between old town and new town we only got a taxi once to the new town for €5 !
Supermall right in front of hotel so fab for buying food drink etc of needed. Apartment was cleaned every day as well !
Really enjoyed my stay at the Luna Miramar :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Jennimell
Luna H, Manager at Luna Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Michelle,

Thank you for choosing Luna Miramar and for your kind comments. It is this kind of feedback that gives us extra motivation. It is wonderful to know you had a great time at the Hote.
Looking forward to welcome you back soon. Kind Regards, Tiago Pais, Manager, Luna Miramar (tiagopais@lunahoteis.com).