Booked this as a B&B package with Jet2. Package holiday into the Summer holiday season and in Albufeira? Well, we expected the worst and, you know what, were very pleasantly surprised.
The hotel has definitely seen better days, but the facilities were very good and it was spotlessly clean (10 out of 10 to Fatima our room maid and to the rest of the cleaning staff). We only ate breakfast here (most guests seemed to be all inclusive) but there was plenty of selection for hot or cold meals and you since it was buffet style, you could eat as much or as little as you wanted. Drinks by the pool for non-all inclusive were expensive, but we learned that early on and just stocked up the room's fridge, which was left empty.
The pool isn't massive and I'm sure it gets very crowded in the height of Summer, but it was big enough and there were masses of loungers immediately around the pool and also in the garden area at the rear of the hotel - nice and quiet. Do avoid the end nearest the steps to the pool though as this is where the hotel laundry is and you all you can smell is the washing!
The room was a good size and overlooked the pool. Generally, the noise level wasn't too bad, although we could hear the activities in the bar at night. In fairness, they usually finished by midnight and it wasn't too bad. The air con didn't seem to work terribly well (which we reported), but it was cool enough to leave the balcony door open, so we were okay.
The location is very good nestled in between the Old and New Town and the hotel runs a free shuttle bus several times a day to the beaches / sea front. I should imagine that this would be very popular in the Summer, so get in the queue early. Failing that, the reception staff (who were brilliant) will ring for a taxi for you (no charge for the call) and you can get about relatively cheaply in these.
This hotel is ideal for all ages, with or without children and I have no hesitation in recommending it or indeed of staying there myself again.
As for Albufeira itself, yes, its touristy and I certainly wouldn't like to go at the height of the season, but it wasn't too bad when we were there (did New Town 'The Strip' during the day only!) and the location is quite stunning. We were very pleasantly surprised and would recommend it!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Onthebeach, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Real Bellavista Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Real Bellavista Hotel And Spa
- Real Bellavista Hotel Albufeira
- Hotel Real Bellavista
- Real Bellavista Albufeira
- Real Bellavista Hotel & Spa Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal