Apartamentos Soldoiro
Hotel Topazio(Albufeira)(Great Value!)
US$85
  • Pool
Falesia Mar by 3HB(Olhos de Agua)
US$108
US$121
US$115
  • Restaurant
Vila Gale Atlantico(Gale)(Great Value!)
US$110
  • Beachfront
US$291
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Hotel Apartamento Brisa Sol(Albufeira)(Great Value!)
US$74
Alfagar Aparthotel(Albufeira)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$110
  • Pool
All reviewssituated half waycardiac hillstudio apartmentminute walktoilet papertop floorthe main stripideal locationout of seasonsupermarkethenssofastagsroundaboutmaids
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived, as I had read the reviews.
Our room was Huge and very clean.
The air conditioning is amazing.
Can't really comment on the food as never had breakfast or evening meal. But the snacks at the bar of hotdogs and burgers were nice (although expensive)
We found all the staff to be very friendly indeed. We had no problems and it was the perfect little break me and my partner were wanting.
We had no trouble from noise, it is VERY quiet, considering it is a stone throw from the strip, where all the bars and clubs are.
Location great!
The room was a lot larger than we were expecting. The amount of storage space was great. We had an excellent sea view. I read some reviews about the furniture needs updating etc... I like the furniture and the way it is decorated to keep with the algarve theme, I fine it very quirky.
I wouldn't recommend these apartments fro families, but couples or singles definitely

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jodie_dbk
Soldoiro T, General Manager at Apartamentos Soldoiro, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear Jodie. Thank you very much for your stay at Soldoiro as well your comment. We are doing all our best to satisfy our customers. We hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Admittedly, I was worried reading some of the reviews, but my partner and I were pleasantly surprised upon arrival. Reception were very friendly and proved to be most helpful over the course of our holiday.

Our apartment was lovely with a sea view. Ive read the word "basic" in many reviews but i found the decor charming with many lovely extra touches such as a great air conditioning system in both bedroom and lounge. It was compact but very comfortable and spotlessly clean. The tv had many english channels which was nice to hear the news over breakfast.

The pool was clean and bar service was great. It was quiet for such a massively busy area, that allowed us to go for a relaxing drink or choose to venture further (2 minute walk) to the strip or beach. You really cant get a much better location in terms of access to beach, restaurants and shops and then just a short taxi to other areas for exploring.

The reception really were lovely and helped us plan many tours, as well as inviting me to print my boarding passes on their own computer instead of paying for the use of their public one. Wifi is free to use in the bar, and theres a computer there u can rent if you dont have your own device.

We didnt bother with breakfast, as the apartment was perfect for just knocking up something to eat at our own leisure, but it seemed nice in a lovely dining area.

Some tips for excursions, we really enjoyed the "portitours" jeepfari adventure. Its worth visiting the mountains in the off road experience for some real exploration. We also loved visiting the market in Loulé so much so that we returned that evening to spend time in the beautiful little traditional village

Overall, threapartment was clean and comfortable, the staff were lovely and the location was fantastic

Room Tip: Room 45 was perfect 1 bed apt
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Clare M

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Just back after a week. Reception staff were great and very friendly couldn`t do enough for you.
Cleaning left a lot to be desired , pool area was not kept clean and rooms were a bit hit and miss.The plus point of these apartments was the air conditioning units in both lounge and bedroom, they were needed. The apartments are only 5mins from the beach with 2 supermarkets nearby also a fresh bakery.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank phyllis32

Dear Phillys. We are sorry for all your inconvenient, please accept our apologies. If you could send us an email with your discontentment, that way we can improve our services. Please reply to direccao@soldoiro.com

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Ideal location! Beach literally a stones throw away and the strip is about 2 minutes walk up the hill, couldn't get any better!! Our room (52) had an incredible view, apartment was small but didn't spend much time in there anyway. Pool area is a lot better than most websites show, we could always get a sunbed and the pool bar was incredibly cheap (although service at the bar was verrrry slow as others have mentioned). Would definitely stay again and would recommend for any other young couples and groups who aren't too picky. Perfect holiday!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Grace-SUFC

Dear Grace. Thank you very much for your stay at Soldoiro as well your comment. We are doing all our best to satisfy our customers. We hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

I took a studio apartment for an extremely cheap price in February and was skeptical. I simply wanted to getaway from the horrific British winter so I packed my Kindle and off I went.

This place exceeded my expectations and I was thoroughly satisfied with my time spent here. I was central to the night strip and all the local restaurants were within a block of my apartment. The staff were exceptionally helpful especially when it came to suggesting and booking tours. Because I was visiting off peak Albufeira was quiet and exactly what I wanted. No crowds just locals and sunshine!

The studio apartment was brilliant, I could cook my breakfast, make lunch and keep dinner in the fridge which was fantastic. I had a pull out couch and discovered another pull out bed underneath which was brilliantly turned into a king size bed - quite the luxury after sleeping on English beds. I had my own balcony which looked out onto the beach and managed a few amazing sunset shots.

I did complain about noise coming from an adjoining apartment but staff dealt with it swiftly and I didn't have another problem. There is beach access at the end of the street and it's a lovely quiet one in February.

Recommended if you just want a getaway with the basics.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Anita L

Dear Anita. Thank you very much for your stay at Soldoiro as well your comment. We are doing all our best to satisfy our customers. We hope to see you soon again.