Stayed in CPO for a week, only recently returned home. Our room was a bit of a trek from the pool area, but perhaps they give these rooms to young couples (as we are), rather than elderly people or people with young kids. My biggest complaint was our apartment was often infested with ants, apart from this issue the cleaners kept the room fairly clean, with 3 cleans and towel changes over the 7 nights. Overall the rooms are quite decent, have excellent cooking facilities (better than any other holiday apartment i have stayed in) and a tv with a mixture of stations in multiple languages. There is a wall fan and also a portable fan, which we kept on for the entire week but these failed to keep the room at a reasonable temperature every night and made sleeping difficult at times. A safe for the week was 18 euro, which i found expensive and we also had to provide a one hundred euro deposit on arrival that we had been unaware of. Would have prefered a room in a better location within the complex but with a complex this size with this many guests everyone can't have the perfect room location. We were quite close to where construction work is taking place but wasn't to bad noise wise. The entertainment around the pool area during the day is excellent, regrettably only played the water basketball on the last day and was brilliant fun, excellent for adults, teenagers and older children (may not suit everybody a bit younger though) and I wish I had of played every day. There is also water aerobics which didn't appeal to me, but there was a lot of people participating every day and they all seemed to enjoy it. There is no deep end in the pool, the deepest being 1.5 metres. Sun beds reserved with towels all day but often left empty for half of it was annoying, although there is grass areas that people who hadn't got beds could sunbathe on. Everybody on this complaing that you have to walk up the big hill to get to the road that leads to the strip is mistaken, you can actually get an elevator and a short walk through a nice garden to get to the same place. Pool bar is quite expensive, and same for breakfast in restaurant, never had dinner there though. For dining, the old town is much better overall, but Wild and Co on start of strip, although slightly more expensive, was by far the best of the seven different restaurants we ate dinner in and the service was as good as we've had anywhere, not just in Albufeira. Don't get check-in being 5 and check-out being at 10, i always thought the standard was 3 and 10 or 5 and 12. Overall I would describe the complex as good, its a quite standard holiday complex, I would recommend it to anybody who is looking for reasonably priced accommodation in a good location and would be excellent for anybody who likes to make their own meals on a holiday. Any questions feel free to ask.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This extensive resort is located in Praia da Oura in Albufeira and features 2 renovated outdoor swimming pools, tropical gardens and a bowling green. It offers direct access to Praia da Oura beach, less than 200 meters away.The property is a great family destination but also perfect for couples or groups looking for an entertaining and lively beach holiday.All apartments at the Clube Praia da Oura have a private furnished balcony which have views over either the Atlantic Ocean, swimming pools & gardens or the resort.The apartments feature a fully equipped kitchenette, en suite bathroom with hairdryer and a seating and dining area with satellite TV.With a 24-hour completely renovated reception and lobby bar/café, the multilingual reception staff can book tours, airport transfers and the hotel shuttle service to the centre of Albufeira. There is also a Golf desk available where all golf courses in the Algarve can be booked.Jac’s Restaurant serves an à la carte menu of a variety of international and national dishes. Guests can relax and have a drink at our Ocean Bar with views over the ocean or Bowling Green or enjoy the Pool bar. There is a daily entertainment program available and evening entertainment options include theme nights, live music and karaoke.Guests can enjoy a variety of different dining options at our restaurants in our sister resorts, a 5 minutes’ walk away.The main entertainment area of Albufeira is a 5 minute walk away.Clube Praia da Oura is 40 minutes’ drive from Faro Airport and just over 3 km from the old town centre of Albufeira. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, TravelUp, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Muthu Clube Praia da Oura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clube Praia Da Oura Hotel Albufeira
- Clube Praia Da Oura Albufeira
- Oura Albufeira
- Muthu Clube Praia Da Oura Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal