“CPO Experience”

Muthu Clube Praia da Oura
Ranked #83 of 154 Hotels in Albufeira
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Well all you time share owners at Clube Praia Da Oura the refurbishments have begun and it looks like Infiniti member rooms will be done first, what a surprise. Don't worry folks you can always up grade your room at a price. The rooms are done to a good standard with air con.
Did I enjoy the MGM experience this time, no I did not if I had stayed in my timeshare room I would have been looking on to the spare waste land covered in the old dirty toilets, baths and sinks which have been removed from the old rooms and dumped, rat heaven I think.
Well fellow CPO lovers your about to get your eyes opened beer prices have now gone up to 4 Euros for a pint and the good Portuguese staff are now spread over 5 complex's,
Do you get much sleep at night no they have Infiniti party's that blast music out to 1.30 in the morning so like me and my friends who had to be up at 5 in the morning got no sleep.
This used to be a family complex not any more.
Mr Petchey what have you done?
It's a good job I had the old town, the Oura bar, Sol Café and the Rockline good crack and cheap beer you should try them.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank anthony b
Petchey L, Manager at Muthu Clube Praia da Oura, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them.

We strive every day to ensure that our guests have a wonderful service during their stay and we apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay.

All units will be upgraded but as this is a very large hotel it will obviously take a long time for us to finish this process.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Clube Praia da Oura and hope you will enjoy your stay with us.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

review 507 characters (200 minimum)
We arrived at 10.15pm it took us 45 min to check in. We were given a apt not in the main complex. Next day I asked to be moved to be told no other apts. People who work in reception need a bit of customer care. No supermarket on site. Need to update their web page and tell people they allow stag parties. Three stag parties there - could not believe they were allow to leave glasses around the pool and pizza boxes. Would not stay at that complex again could not sit out on the balcony as it was too small.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank noreenc1

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment on your stay at our hotel.

It is our aim to offer our guests an entirely satisfactory service at Clube Praia da Oura. We apologize for the inconvenience you had due to the parties on site, unfortunately we cannot please everyone.

With regards to the allocation of the room, we apologize if this did not meet with your expectations but considering the size of the hotel, the reception area cannot be close to all the rooms.

Although we do not have a supermarket on site, at the moment , there are various in the surrounding area including in our sister hotels.

We once again apologize for any inconvenience and we hope you will visit us soon in the near future.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We have owned at this resort for 15 years and absolutely love it. The reviews this time were very unnerving since the takeover of MGM two years ago. On arrival at our apartment we found that it had been completely refurbished with comfy beds air conditioning large flat screen televisions in both the bedroom and lounge areas. A beautiful shower room with plenty of clean towels. Our maid Lurdes was so lovely we wanted to bring her home with us Being older we didn't like the pool parties but there is so much space around the hotel we could get away from it. The gardens are so pretty and there are lots of good things happening around the whole complex. We have already booked to go back in September. The only problem we had was the sales lady we were invited to see was extremely rude when we did not want to exchange our fixed weeks for points and failed to give us an update of forthcoming upgrades and changes for the resort which we were told was the purpose of the meeting. The reception staff and housekeeping were all helpful and friendly. So as usual we had a very relaxing holiday.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lynne P

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review.

Your kind words on the services received will definitely be passed on to the team members.
We are delighted that you are pleased with the new refurbishments done to your apartment.

It was a pleasure to have your as our guest and we look forward to you next visit to Clube Praia da Oura.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Been a few times to Albufeira and stayed in various hotels, this year decided to stay at Cpo and what a good choice it was.The reception looks lovely and the reception staff was extremly helpful and one of if not the nicest ive encontered in Albufeira.the apartment was recently refurbished and looked nice and clean also the location is great everything is 5 minutes away.ive red a few negative comments and i have to say that my experience was amazing.I will be coming back for sure.Thanks for everything.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Clube Praia da Oura for your recent stay in Algarve. We have read your comments about the hotel and greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed for one night only due to my flight being cancelled. If you have no problem sleeping on pull out beds in a tiny studio it is ideal. Personally I like a nice bed to sleep in! The location is great though. Right on the beach...I was listening to the waves crashing against the cliff as I went to sleep. This was because my room was on the beach front. The hotel has fantastic lounge areas but a tiny pool area compared to the size of the hotel.

Room Tip: Room 108 is the room is was in on the beach front!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lyonsz
Petchey L, Manager at Muthu Clube Praia da Oura, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Clube Praia da Oura for your recent stay in Algarve. We have read your comments about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guest’s satisfaction is our main priority.

With regards to the pull out beds we are of aware that this does not suite all our clients and have included this in our improvements plan.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Clube Praia da Oura in the near future.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Just returned from a lovely week at CPO. We stayed 24 June till 1 July room 855. It was a one bedroom apartment with 2 bathrooms. Ideal for me and my husband and two 16 year olds. It did have Air Con. You could not get a sun bed round the pool, but that did not bother me as the sun was on our balcony from 6am till 3pm, so we used those sun beds. When I went for my morning run at 7am, I noticed people going and reserving beds with towels. Personally I do not agree with this, it should go on usage and first come first get the beds, and stay on them. Lots of pods and luxurious furniture scattered around the garden to sit/lay on. Gardens well maintained, and the maid that looked after our floor came every day and offered clean towels, and was very polite. Reception staff were very professional, and I can see why some people thought they were rude, perhaps a smile to welcome people would go down better.
I would definitely return but it appears to be hit and miss with the rooms. I paid an extra £119 for the week to have a room with sea view and air conditioning, and we were near to the beach. I would not have liked to have been in a room at the top of the bank near the main road. Also air conditioning is a modern necessity these days. All rooms need to be modified for this.
I can only speak as I find, and our family of 4 had a very nice relaxing week at CPO. I would recommend going into Old Town Albufeira as the atmosphere was better on an evening, but at least it was quiet on a night at CPO, to get a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: Ensure air conditioning is in room when you book.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay and honest feedback.

Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you again to Clube Praia da Oura.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

On Promotional holiday with MGM Hotels !
I travelled with a party of 6 on 17th May .We were booked to stay at the Clube Praia Da Oura but due to building works advised the week before that we were transferred to the Oura View Beach Club and therfore arranged for our transfers to drop us off at this hotel. We arrived late evening and were advised we were not staying there but at the Oura Praia? After a 45 minute wait we dragged our luggage to the Oura Praia Once there booked in but we had been put in rooms facing the main road and had no sleep whatsover. Motorbikes and cars literally past every 20 seconds still awake at 3am! We were eventually transferred to the Clube Praia Da Oura and after a great deal of waiting at reception we were booked in , not ideal due to building work but it was now a day and a half into our holiday and I personally was very angry upset at this point as this was to be our only family holiday this year.

To cut a long story short I emailed the hotel on my return ( Late May) with details of my complaint. I have not had a response apart from " we will pass it to the correct dept" and really don't expect one at this late stage. Not good customer service!

I appreciate it was a promotion and therefore cheap but we did spend quite a lot of money on flights etc apart from the money we spend in the hotel and resort!!!!

I expected a courteous response at least!

On the positive side I would say theat the reception staff were very helpful and polite under extreme pressure.We were not the only guests with complaints and problems at reception and they did try their best to resolve issues !

Room Tip: Oura Praia request pool view . Make sure rooms not allocated over reception as these directly facing...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank chrisb123565

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to comment on your stay and your honest feedback.

It is our aim to offer our guests an entirely satisfactory service at MGM hotels. We truly apologize for the inconvenience you had with the allocation of apartments and are very sorry for your sleepless nights. We are sorry if you did not get our reply but as you are not identified on TripAdvisor it makes it difficult to investigate this issue or follow it up.

We are happy that you mentioned the reception staff as MGM hotels is known for its friendly and helpful staff which always strives to answer the guests’ wishes.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again and hope you will give us the opportunity of serving you again in the near future.