We spent one week in Clube Praia da Oura. It has good and bad points. The complex is huge and has pretty well kept gardens. We were sceptical about booking after reading such mixed reviews but we booked it because of its location. It is a prime location, close to the beach and a five minute walk to the strip. To avoid the steep hills, use the elevator at the pool, go to the 9th floor and turn left for the strip or turn right for the supermarket and other small pubs and cafes.
We booked a studio apartment. The apartment was tiny. There was just one way into the room - through the sliding door. We are not people who spend much time in our rooms on holidays but it was difficult getting ready, the bathroom was very small too, we put our cases under the beds and space was still very limited. We were aware that the bed was a sofa bed but it wasn't a pull out bed, it was two single beds with metal frames stacked on top of each other, this was our bed and our sofa. We had one or two small issues with appliances but reception were quick to rectify them. The mattresses and pillows were very comfortable. The kitchen was well supplied with utensils for cooking. There was a little counter space as a kitchen table but we ate outside at the patio table every morning, it was lovely listening to the ocean and the seagulls. The main downfall of the apartment was no air conditioning, there was a fan that blew hot air around, it made sleeping very difficult. At first we did not leave the sliding door open as the balconies are open but eventually we had to, we were lucky as we were at a very quiet side of the complex. The apartments need a little work but we don't mind that as long as they are clean. There were renovations taking place, we could hear them but not see them, I know the apartments are being updated but I think it is unfair to ask people to pay more when they arrive for better amenities. My partner and I travel a couple of times a year with the same budget and we feel this time we did not get value for our money. We have stayed in one bedroom apartments with air con for the same money. Some people appeared to have been lucky with their rooms. The housekeeping service was very good and of a high standard.
The pool is very nice and spacious. We got up every morning at 8am to reserve sun loungers. We really enjoyed the DJ from 4pm to 5.30pm. Drinks were expensive at the pool bar/restaurant, we had lunch there one time and did not like it so we did not try it again.
On our final evening, we decided to visit the Old Town. My partner booked a taxi at reception. They said it would be 15 minutes. He did not take our room number. We sat outside, there were about 4 other couples/families waiting also. We waited 20/25 minutes. We all asked each other how we would know whose taxi was for who. One man said he was giving the GPS number of his taxi??? My partner asked again at reception how we would know whose taxi was for who, he was told he was the only person waiting, my partner informed him that there were many people waiting. By now some taxis had arrived and people got in. The man at reception rang the taxi back and got a GPS number and gave it to my partner, my partner asked how long that taxi would be and was told 10 minutes, we were very frustrated and reception did not care. We walked towards the strip and hailed down a taxi after wasting 40 minutes approx.
The Old Town is fabulous and really worth a visit, we ate at Doce Jardim and it was fantastic. The tex mex on the strip - O Poeta, does amazing fajitas. There is also a little café just outside the complex on the right called the SolCaffe does a lovely breakfast and is very reasonable.
It's the little things that make people want to return to a complex and unfortunately we will not be returning to Clube Praia da Oura.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This extensive resort is located in Praia da Oura in Albufeira and features 2 renovated outdoor swimming pools, tropical gardens and a bowling green. It offers direct access to Praia da Oura beach, less than 200 meters away.The property is a great family destination but also perfect for couples or groups looking for an entertaining and lively beach holiday.All apartments at the Clube Praia da Oura have a private furnished balcony which have views over either the Atlantic Ocean, swimming pools & gardens or the resort.The apartments feature a fully equipped kitchenette, en suite bathroom with hairdryer and a seating and dining area with satellite TV.With a 24-hour completely renovated reception and lobby bar/café, the multilingual reception staff can book tours, airport transfers and the hotel shuttle service to the centre of Albufeira. There is also a Golf desk available where all golf courses in the Algarve can be booked.Jac’s Restaurant serves an à la carte menu of a variety of international and national dishes. Guests can relax and have a drink at our Ocean Bar with views over the ocean or Bowling Green or enjoy the Pool bar. There is a daily entertainment program available and evening entertainment options include theme nights, live music and karaoke.Guests can enjoy a variety of different dining options at our restaurants in our sister resorts, a 5 minutes’ walk away.The main entertainment area of Albufeira is a 5 minute walk away.Clube Praia da Oura is 40 minutes’ drive from Faro Airport and just over 3 km from the old town centre of Albufeira. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Muthu Clube Praia da Oura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clube Praia Da Oura Hotel Albufeira
- Clube Praia Da Oura Albufeira
- Oura Albufeira
- Muthu Clube Praia Da Oura Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal