“Fantastic Place (Ignore Bad Reviews!)” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Varandas de Albufeira

and 1 more site!
Varandas de Albufeira
Ranked #144 of 162 Hotels in Albufeira
“Fantastic Place (Ignore Bad Reviews!)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I did my research on the Algarve as we were looking for a holiday on a budget, stayed for a week 5-12th June and paid £213 each for all inclusive, some of the reviews on here did put me off however I was not expecting the ritz with what we paid, firstly may I point out that I am the worlds worst flyer and was petrified before we even got to the airport! so the last thing on my mind at this point was the hotel we were staying in (just had to get through flight first!!) barring my horrendous fear of flying this holiday was fab and the transfer from Faro airport was under an hour and a pleasent journey, Hotel Varandes is not a 5 star hotel,however it is clean, welcoming, rooms are cool and have all amenities you will need for your holiday, staff are friendly, food we thought was very good, local drinks all good, (try their version of baileys very nice, oh and port!) the pool area is fab, nice terrace, the hotel is ideally placed in the middle of Alburfeira and takes about 15 min to walk to old town, (which is very pretty indeed and loads going on) and about 25 min walk to the strip, much more going on for younger ones etc ie partying, only minor downside to hotel Varandes i would say is on a weekend can be rather noisy as they seem to get lots of stag and hen parties stying but didnt bother us too much as were all a good bunch simply having fun, so to sumerise ignore the bad reviews and go there it is very good value for money! Enjoy...Ps on a personal note due to my fear of flying home had a few too many brandies and missed the bloody flight home so ended up paying for another flight and spending double on what was supposed to be a budget holiday... aw well at least we got home and live to tell the tale.... uk hols for me from now on lol :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
12 Thank Craig P
Natasha D, Guest Relations Manager at Varandas de Albufeira, responded to this review, 3 July 2014

We appreciate when guests post a review and take all to consideration.

We are pleased you had an enjoyable stay at the Varandas Hotel and you are always welcome to stay again.

Natasha De Nobrega.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Polish first
Ballycastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I recently posted a review regarding the fantastic accommodation at the Varandas Hotel in Albufeira.
It was really good. I have just been told I need to write 200 minimum characters, but there were only 13 of us at the hotel, lol. If you can you can post my previous review please.

Room Tip: Stay here.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank Skinny D

We appreciate when guests post a review so we can always improve.

We are pleased you had a fantastic stay at the Varandas Hotel and hope you return in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here last week, brilliant. Beggars can't be choosers, you get what you pay. I paid cheap and got more out of it than I paid. All those people who complain must live in luxury houses and are perfect. Varandas your maybe not the fancy but your the working mans hotel, thanks again for the great time.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
12 Thank Paul D

We appreciate when guests post a review and take all to consideration.

We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay at the Varandas Hotel and hope to see you again in the near future.

Ballymoney, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I cannot believe some of the poor reviews about this spot of (cheep) luxury. Stayed here for a few days all inclusive. The food was decent, the salad being excellent and very fresh. The meals catered for a wide variety of taste buds and the food was always of a good temperature.

Very good bar service and very friendly staff. There were no ripped seats like in some pictures and everywhere was clean. Also plenty of sun loungers so don't worry folks. I had to knock a point off as it does need a lick of paint in the room, again I didn't spend long in it.

Thanks for having us I just wish it was this time last week and still on holiday

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank corkeywideboy
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

We booked 2 weeks all in and one week room only. We upgraded the 3rd week to AI.( and paid).
What a mistake. This was, without doubt, the worst hotel we have ever been in. Facilities rubbish. - Food diabolical ( there was even a microwave in the dining room so you could heat your food to an acceptable temp!!!!) Clear your own table after 'dining'. Staff who didn't seem to give d---. No sign of any management authority. If you are thinking of going there, THINK AGAIN.

Room Tip: Just don't go there - the noise from stag and hen parties is excessive.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Albufeira hotels

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I spent a week at the Varandas and had a very pleasant stay. The room was very spacious and clean, we got fresh towels every day, the staff were all very nice and helpful, nothing was a bother to them. The location was ideal with the old town and the strip both within walking distance. I had read a lot of negative reviews before going and was very apprehensive but in the end I was pleasantly surprised. I found it to be good value for money. I was self-catering so I cannot comment on the food or the bar and when on holiday I prefer going out exploring the surroundings rather than staying around the hotel. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank LouB1983
Ballymena, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed with a large group for 4 days and it was much better than the reviews on here would lead you to believe.
Rooms were bright and clean. Bar was well stocked and had good service. Food was fine, none of us went hungry.
Pool was clean with plenty of sunbeds.
Hotel is situated about a 15-20 minute walk to both the old town and the strip.

• Stayed June 2014
5 Thank Thoseloudguys
Also consider these accommodations in or near Albufeira
Monica Isabel Beach Club
Real Bellavista Hotel & Spa
Real Bellavista Hotel & Spa
#44 of 162 in Albufeira
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,770 reviews

Been to Varandas de Albufeira? Share your experiences!