We have just returned from a one week family holiday here (2 adults & 2 boys aged 11 & 16). Pool area is good - nice & relaxed, no "entertainment" reps bothering you while you're trying to relax. We saw that some people had reserved sun loungers in the morning so we followed suit. However, the pool guy came round one morning and took off all the towels from beds where there was nobody sitting at them. Fair play to him though, there were large groups who had reserved 8-14 beds but did not appear until near noon. There is plenty space on the grass to lie though, but not the best. There is definately room for more loungers so think they should invest in more. The sun loungers were cleaned almost every day and the area around the pool was also kept very clean. They allow inflatables in the pool, which is good to keep the kids entertained. We were a bit concerned when there were drunks in the pool first thing in the morning for our first two days but they weren't there for long and we didn't see them again for the rest of the day/holiday - would of been good to see somebody from the hotel doing something about it though as would not liked this to have continued.
Snack bar by the pool was reasonably priced and the food was decent enough.
The bar area wasn't ever busy - however, it was a nice quiet place to have a drink after a night out in the busy old town. We walked down here a few times (used the hotel shuttle once when going down during the day, which is a good service) and it was lively and a had a good buzz about it..
No safes in the room but you can hire one for 3 euros a night & a 10 euro refundable deposit.
Maid service was excellent - couldn't fault this.
If you fancy a change from the hustle & bustle the old town if you turn right when you come out of the hotel, go up to the t-junction and turn left to Fat Cats. An English bar which shows the football and food is really good. They also allow you to use the pool (at their discretion). Good eating places too if you turn right at the t-junction. There are also shops to get daily paper, basic necessities.
There is a self-service laundry area in the basement - didn't use it but good to know it's there if needed.
On the day we checked out, they weren't able to let us keep on our room as they were fully booked. However, they let you use the showers for the indoor pool area and give you free towels to use. You can also leave your cases in the luggage room - not locked though so wouldn't leave any valuables there.
All in all, a good base for a family holiday. Nothing fancy but clean and friendly
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ondamar Hotel presents you with the best Algarve has to offer! On vacation or on a weekend away, enjoy the comfort of our facilities, the quality of our service and the professionalism of our staff. Sun, beach, pool and entertainment are the characteristics of this region, making it welcoming even in mid- winter. In 10 years of existence we have followed one goal only: your well-being. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Ondamar Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ondamar Aparthotel Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal
- Ondamar Aparthotel Hotel Albufeira