Hubby and I went in June last year (2011) for 10 days. I promised to write a review and I am only just getting around to it now, so sorry about that...
I really cannot find many negatives about the Natura. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the rooms were very clean and the cleaners seemed to come at reasonable times so if you wantd a lay in you could get one. We paid next to nothing for our room and it was all you needed. 2 beds which you could push together, enough wardrobe space for 10 days, bathroom with shower that was never cold, kitchen with toaster, hobs, cooker, fridge.
The pool area was really rather lovely and well kept and our balcony was large enough to go out on and sit if required. We had some fun with teh shutters though so be warned - don't tug them as they will break. Thankfully we were not charged for this...
One negetive is the walk too and from the strip at night. The location is fine in the day although the walk back up the hill from one of the beaches nearly killed me in the heat one day. We went to the strip most nights though and I wore heels as I am a titch but the pavements are a nightmare, they are shiny and cobbly so make the walk a tad unpleasant. It would take about 10 mins but it took me about 15 as I was extra careful lol. Having said that we had a supermarket just up the road and a few places to eat including a really cool American diner type place, Japanese, chinese and Indian as well as Portuguise eateries even a Kabab shop for those end of night nibbles so if you didn't fancy going 'out, out' you could still enjoy some food and drinks closer to home.
Food at the hotel bar was not very nice however and overpriced we thought but we hardly ate there so didn't bother us much.
We went to the old town one night which was ok and about 4 Euros in a cab but we prefered the night life at the strip. We took and absolutely amazing boat trip with BBQ on the Belize I think it was called and I Defo say go for that but don't use the tour agency up the hill from the apartments as they booked out trip then forgot to turn up to take us. We had to get one of the other local business owners to call them. They finally showed up and JUST got us there on time but it was very close and they were very rude about it like it was our fault lol.
The positives most certainly outweighed the tiny negatives all round on our holiday however and I would reccommend these apartments to anyone. We would have returned this year if we could have afforded to and will 100% be back one day. Go on book with them :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Natura Algarve Club Since 2008 we have been making our hotel an increasingly special place, always thinking of you and always trying to exceed the expectations of those who already know us and saw us grow. If you are looking for a special place for your holidays with a privileged location, comfortable, family atmosphere and young, with very good conditions for the children, Natura Algarve Club is the place to choose: large garden, a swimming pool for adults of generous dimensions and another pool for children, excellent green areas. Besides the pools and the pleasant garden, a bar with a terrace where you can have breakfast and light meals, acquire cool drinks, cocktails, ice creams, snacks throughout the day and enjoy the night with Karaoke, animal shows and several interactive performances. Another great advantage of this venue is the large public car park and free Wi-Fi in the bar and lobby area. Nearby: supermarkets, tobacco shops, beach items, gifts, restaurants, bars, in short, everything to spend a restful vacation worry free. Whenever you want to end the evening in a different way and leave the tranquillity that we offer, you will find at approx. 700M all the fun that the famous Oura Strip has to offer with many bars and restaurants. Hotel Privileging the space and comfort, the 63 apartments of Natura Algarve Club divided between 30 T0 and 33 T1, all equipped with: Satelite TV Telephone Safe (15€ week) Air conditioning Bathroom Fridge Stove w / 3 electric hot plates and oven Microwave oven Toaster Coffee Machine T0: 2 single beds and a single sofa bed; T1: 2 single beds and two single sofa beds. Services Reception Time: 24h00 At reception you will find the heart of Natura Algarve Club consists of friendly, skilled and above all, hospitable employees. We also have several services to choose, including: wake up, safe rental, booking and buying tickets and tours, booking restaurants taxi's and transfers, services aesthetics and massages, babystting service among many others that you can leverage to consult before or during your stay. Swimming Pool Time: 9h00 - 19h00. Natura Algarve Club, the days pass between the pools (one for adults, one for children) and the sunbeds. In the shade of palm trees, the green garden of the Hotel, you will find a friendly atmosphere and rested Snack-Bar Time: 8h00 - 00h00. Breakfast at night, anytime is good to enjoy the Snack Bar of Natura Algarve Club, either on the terrace or inside. Situated in the garden and a few meters from the large pool, you can still enjoy light meals throughout the day, with suggestions for the whole family Time for breakfast: 8h30 - 11h00. Mini-Market Time: 8h00 - 20h00. Anytime is good time to go shopping at our mini market for your needs and convenience ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Alpha Holidays Limited, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Natura Algarve Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Natura Algarve Club Hotel Albufeira
- Natura Beach Sun Hotel
- Hotel Natura Beach Sun
- Natura Sun Apartments
- Natura Algarve Club Albufeira, Portugal