All reviews old town pool area minute walk tres palmeiras tuna club air con tourist train one bedroom apartment self catering higher floor fifth floor good size sea view great holiday opposite direction coffee maker floor room
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Just back from a fab week in Albuferia. Stayed in Clube Luna self catering apartment on first floor with pool view. Rooms were very large, the biggest I have ever stayed in which was great. The beds were comfortable. Also largest balcony I have ever had. Bathroom good size with good shower. Kitchen also good size but we never used it so can't really comment on facilities. There is an excellent cafe just at the side of the hotel which we used every morning for breakfast, very reasonable and fab food. There are a few other cafes, bars and shops on the same street which was very handy. No mirror in room just in bathroom so bring a mirror with you - I had read this in a previous review and was so glad I had brought one. We didnt use the pool as we went to beach every day but did notice people were putting their towels out from early to claim their beds and there wasn't very many beds. Most of the reception staff were very friendly and helpful i.e. phoning taxis for us, providing us with toilet roll, booking boat trips and helping out when our transfer to the airport didn't turn up! The rooms were very clean and cleaned daily with towels changed 3 times a week. The location of the hotel is perfect if you want to go to both old town and new town. About 15 mins walk to old town and slightly less to new town.We loved both and took it night about. Both walks involve hills but we didnt mind as it helped us burn off some calories of the big meals we had! I really recommend Bank restaurant in old town, gorgeous food. The beach is a couple of mins walk down the hill and is the best beach in our opinion. We tried a few other beaches, Oura was one of them but didnt like them as they were very small and crowded and the sunbeds all very close to each other and were €15 as opposed to the €12 we paid. It was nice to see them but we ended going back to the one beside our hotel. Wee tip: when you go down to the beach turn right and skip the first sunbeds and take the second ones in front of Sunset Beach Bar. For €12 you get a free drink each which includes wine and cocktails or soft drinks and also free Wifi which was great and also the mans who runs it is very funny! The closeness of the hotel to the beach means that you can pop up to the room to get something or for a cool down which I had to do one day! There is no entertainment at the hotel but just halfway down the hill is Monica Isobel hotel which has fab entertainment every night if you don't want to go further afield. The hotel may look a bit dated but does the job and I would definitely go back and recommend to others.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank 2012lou
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I am due to stay at this hotel in a few weeks. Today I recieved news that the online company that I booked the hotel through has gone into administration and that my booking with the hotel is likely to be invalid.
I need to contact the hotel asap to ensure my booking is still valid, but have had difficulty contacting them. I went on the hotel's website and used there website email but it didn't work.
If anyone has an email address, phone number, I would be most grateful.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Great hotel , with lovely ( daily cleaned ) rooms. In walking distance of both the new town and the old town. But if you have any walking disabilities you can simply go on the land train for only a small price ( the land train stop is just a minute walk from the hotel and is clearly marked .) the water parks are easy to plan in both the old and the new town , and the water parks are excellent. Reading some other reviews there has been people saying about the pool bar owner jo . Her food is lovely and she is really kind . She lets u hire sun bed mats which are only one euro . Yes she dose remove towels only if you put out your towels out early in the morning and don't arrive until later . She removes them at around 11 so she waits , it is in the hotel rule book it dose say that , you cannot reserve sun beds with towels, towels may be removed by a member of staff. Jos service is quick , and her food is really tasty . I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel and so did the rest of my family.

Room Tip: Third floor and above for panoramic sea views
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I have just returned from a 2 week stay in the Clube Oceano Room 201. The hotel is in a great location 15mins from old town and 10mins from new town but both are an up hill walk so not suited for people who have walking problems. Only a two minute walk from the beach. Hotel staff in reception are great very nice people and so helpful if you need anything. The apartments are great size clean and have a homely feel about them. The pool area is nice the pool its self is cleaned daily however on the 15/8/13 i refused to let my children use the childrens pool as it didnt look clean however the main pool was fine. The pool area is dirty it wasnt cleaned the whole two weeks i stayed there this also includes the pool bar food area the ground is very dirty. Surely someone should be employed to clean this. The lady that runs the pool bar is very rude she started numerous rows between guests by removing towels from sun beds. She done it to us even though we rented pads off her everyday we had to report her in the end to management who told her off for doing so. Her pads are never cleaned with antibacterial spray and this is disgusting even though she charges a euro a day for these and we rented 8 everyday. Jo is her name and she has quite a vile tongue on her towards guest so it wasnt a suprise to see her business not doing very well. she charges 2 euros for a bottle of water when you can buy 1 in the spar for 40 cents and 2 euro for can of coke and they are 55 cents in spar she also forbids anyone to eat or drink around the pool unless you buy it off her. A question i would like to ask is who owns the pool Jo or Luna clube? i would like to see some local person taking over the pool area as they are lovely people unlike Jo. I would return to these apartments if Jo was removed from her post Portugal is a beautiful country and brilliant people.

2  Thank lee m
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Just got back from 10 days here. Excellent value for money. We had room 208 and it was a very large apartment, good size kitchen and bathroom. Reception very helpful rooms cleaned and towels changed regularly. Good location for both sides of old and new town plus the tourist train stops at the top of the road. Good size pools only downsize there not enough sun beds could do with a few more. Poolside snack was good but didn't open till 10 so if you want to eat earlier you have to go out but really good coffee shop at the side of the hotel. Would def go back to this place and I have been to this resort 5 times now.

1  Thank manicmissyLeeds