All reviewsold townpool areaminute walktres palmeirastuna clubair contourist trainone bedroom apartmentself cateringhigher floorgood sizefifth flooropposite directionsea viewcoffee makergreat holidayfloor room
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Just arrived back and on reflection was a good holiday with terrific weather but only let down by the dissapointment of the room, The reception was very clean and quite modern on arrival but the room was very dated especially the kitchen area, was like stepping back in time to the late 90's, The room was very spacious and overlooked the pool but when you found a sunbed everyone seemed to have been broken or damged in one way or the other. The beach was very clean and very hot, located in-between the old and the new town with some nice restaurants and especially recomend Donaldo's and the Chinese which had the quickest service ever.Good holiday but dont think i would return to this hotel.

Room Tip: all rooms face the pool but better off on levels 4 & 5 which are classed as 1 bedroom apartments
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mackamsteve
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Went to albufeira with a group of women, were told we were central but not that there was a 15 min walk both ways to old & new town also at the top of a hill. We got a taxi every night which in fairness only costs around €5. Hotel is dated especially the kitchen with a kettle you have to boil on an ancient cooker which takes around 35 mins to boil, no knives, forks or spoons. The rooms are fairly big and spacious but the cleaners give you clean towels & toilet roll not sure about the cleaning though. The lady at the pool 'Jo' is a very dangerous lady, lifting towels off sunbeds is one thing but lifting personal belongings and blaming the people next to you may lead to a very dangerous row some day, we nearly got into a serious row with a crowd of Germans! The beach looks nice alright but with the uphill struggle to get home in the heat proved just far too much for us. The reception staff are excellent and very obliging nothing is a problem. We got a taxi to aldi which was only a few euro & done a good shop for €50 which done us for the week during the day and would just go for an evening meal. I recommend la barca restaurant in old town, excellent food especially their garlic mushrooms! This hotel is ok but would dread to take kids here absolutely no entertainment.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Just back from a fab week in Albuferia. Stayed in Clube Luna self catering apartment on first floor with pool view. Rooms were very large, the biggest I have ever stayed in which was great. The beds were comfortable. Also largest balcony I have ever had. Bathroom good size with good shower. Kitchen also good size but we never used it so can't really comment on facilities. There is an excellent cafe just at the side of the hotel which we used every morning for breakfast, very reasonable and fab food. There are a few other cafes, bars and shops on the same street which was very handy. No mirror in room just in bathroom so bring a mirror with you - I had read this in a previous review and was so glad I had brought one. We didnt use the pool as we went to beach every day but did notice people were putting their towels out from early to claim their beds and there wasn't very many beds. Most of the reception staff were very friendly and helpful i.e. phoning taxis for us, providing us with toilet roll, booking boat trips and helping out when our transfer to the airport didn't turn up! The rooms were very clean and cleaned daily with towels changed 3 times a week. The location of the hotel is perfect if you want to go to both old town and new town. About 15 mins walk to old town and slightly less to new town.We loved both and took it night about. Both walks involve hills but we didnt mind as it helped us burn off some calories of the big meals we had! I really recommend Bank restaurant in old town, gorgeous food. The beach is a couple of mins walk down the hill and is the best beach in our opinion. We tried a few other beaches, Oura was one of them but didnt like them as they were very small and crowded and the sunbeds all very close to each other and were €15 as opposed to the €12 we paid. It was nice to see them but we ended going back to the one beside our hotel. Wee tip: when you go down to the beach turn right and skip the first sunbeds and take the second ones in front of Sunset Beach Bar. For €12 you get a free drink each which includes wine and cocktails or soft drinks and also free Wifi which was great and also the mans who runs it is very funny! The closeness of the hotel to the beach means that you can pop up to the room to get something or for a cool down which I had to do one day! There is no entertainment at the hotel but just halfway down the hill is Monica Isobel hotel which has fab entertainment every night if you don't want to go further afield. The hotel may look a bit dated but does the job and I would definitely go back and recommend to others.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank 2012lou
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I am due to stay at this hotel in a few weeks. Today I recieved news that the online company that I booked the hotel through has gone into administration and that my booking with the hotel is likely to be invalid.
I need to contact the hotel asap to ensure my booking is still valid, but have had difficulty contacting them. I went on the hotel's website and used there website email but it didn't work.
If anyone has an email address, phone number, I would be most grateful.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Great hotel , with lovely ( daily cleaned ) rooms. In walking distance of both the new town and the old town. But if you have any walking disabilities you can simply go on the land train for only a small price ( the land train stop is just a minute walk from the hotel and is clearly marked .) the water parks are easy to plan in both the old and the new town , and the water parks are excellent. Reading some other reviews there has been people saying about the pool bar owner jo . Her food is lovely and she is really kind . She lets u hire sun bed mats which are only one euro . Yes she dose remove towels only if you put out your towels out early in the morning and don't arrive until later . She removes them at around 11 so she waits , it is in the hotel rule book it dose say that , you cannot reserve sun beds with towels, towels may be removed by a member of staff. Jos service is quick , and her food is really tasty . I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel and so did the rest of my family.

Room Tip: Third floor and above for panoramic sea views
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family