All reviews old town pool area minute walk tres palmeiras tuna club air con tourist train one bedroom apartment self catering higher floor fifth floor good size sea view great holiday opposite direction coffee maker floor room
Reviewed 6 September 2013

From our first email to the apartments the staff could not have been more helpful. We were holidaying with my cousin and her family so emailed ahead to request that we had rooms next door to each other and no higher than the 3rd floor.
On arrival we were allocated our rooms straight away, even though we had arrived 2 hours before the stated check-in time and we were pleased to be on the third floor next door to my cousins room.
We had one bedroom apartments which were spacious and clean, however, on the downside they were a little dated, the air-conditioning was not very cool and was quite noisy. The kitchen was well equipped with all cutlery, pans, baking trays etc, I wish I'd taken my travel kettle though as the kettle provided took a while to heat up on the electric hob. On arrival there was only one small pillow per bed but when I requested extra pillows from reception these were provided straight away.
We rarely had a problem getting a sunbed at any time of the day as the snack bar manager would remove towels from sunbeds which were left unused for more than 45 minutes, she removed our towels on our second day which was fair enough as we had reserved them before 10.00 and left them unused until 11.00. The snack bar food and drink was good.
The location of the apartments was good. It was a five minute walk down to the beautiful long beach, the walk back was up hill however we managed it without any problems even with a four year old child and all his beach equipment, you'd be very unfit or elderly if you found the walk back from the beach a problem. The strip was a 15 minute level walk away, we found it too busy for families at night so only went a couple of times. The old town is a downhill 15 minute walk away (uphill on the way back so a taxi or the land-train is a good option to return on), we had some lovely meals and shopping trips to the old town. There is no night time entertainment in the Oceano however there are a few friendly bars (with free wifi, sky sports and pool tables to keep the teenagers happy) and restaurants in the same street as the apartments and there is also the Hotel Monica Beach Club which has nightly entertainment which you can watch.
We booked a trip to Zoomarine with the local travel shop (located in the same street as the Oceano). They took and collected us in their own people carrier. Zoomarine is well worth a visit if you have children, the dolphin, sea lion and parrot shows were very good, there are also swimming pools and a couple of water rides and other rides for children to go on.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Deb640
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Just arrived back and on reflection was a good holiday with terrific weather but only let down by the dissapointment of the room, The reception was very clean and quite modern on arrival but the room was very dated especially the kitchen area, was like stepping back in time to the late 90's, The room was very spacious and overlooked the pool but when you found a sunbed everyone seemed to have been broken or damged in one way or the other. The beach was very clean and very hot, located in-between the old and the new town with some nice restaurants and especially recomend Donaldo's and the Chinese which had the quickest service ever.Good holiday but dont think i would return to this hotel.

Room Tip: all rooms face the pool but better off on levels 4 & 5 which are classed as 1 bedroom apartments
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mackamsteve
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Went to albufeira with a group of women, were told we were central but not that there was a 15 min walk both ways to old & new town also at the top of a hill. We got a taxi every night which in fairness only costs around €5. Hotel is dated especially the kitchen with a kettle you have to boil on an ancient cooker which takes around 35 mins to boil, no knives, forks or spoons. The rooms are fairly big and spacious but the cleaners give you clean towels & toilet roll not sure about the cleaning though. The lady at the pool 'Jo' is a very dangerous lady, lifting towels off sunbeds is one thing but lifting personal belongings and blaming the people next to you may lead to a very dangerous row some day, we nearly got into a serious row with a crowd of Germans! The beach looks nice alright but with the uphill struggle to get home in the heat proved just far too much for us. The reception staff are excellent and very obliging nothing is a problem. We got a taxi to aldi which was only a few euro & done a good shop for €50 which done us for the week during the day and would just go for an evening meal. I recommend la barca restaurant in old town, excellent food especially their garlic mushrooms! This hotel is ok but would dread to take kids here absolutely no entertainment.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Just back from a fab week in Albuferia. Stayed in Clube Luna self catering apartment on first floor with pool view. Rooms were very large, the biggest I have ever stayed in which was great. The beds were comfortable. Also largest balcony I have ever had. Bathroom good size with good shower. Kitchen also good size but we never used it so can't really comment on facilities. There is an excellent cafe just at the side of the hotel which we used every morning for breakfast, very reasonable and fab food. There are a few other cafes, bars and shops on the same street which was very handy. No mirror in room just in bathroom so bring a mirror with you - I had read this in a previous review and was so glad I had brought one. We didnt use the pool as we went to beach every day but did notice people were putting their towels out from early to claim their beds and there wasn't very many beds. Most of the reception staff were very friendly and helpful i.e. phoning taxis for us, providing us with toilet roll, booking boat trips and helping out when our transfer to the airport didn't turn up! The rooms were very clean and cleaned daily with towels changed 3 times a week. The location of the hotel is perfect if you want to go to both old town and new town. About 15 mins walk to old town and slightly less to new town.We loved both and took it night about. Both walks involve hills but we didnt mind as it helped us burn off some calories of the big meals we had! I really recommend Bank restaurant in old town, gorgeous food. The beach is a couple of mins walk down the hill and is the best beach in our opinion. We tried a few other beaches, Oura was one of them but didnt like them as they were very small and crowded and the sunbeds all very close to each other and were €15 as opposed to the €12 we paid. It was nice to see them but we ended going back to the one beside our hotel. Wee tip: when you go down to the beach turn right and skip the first sunbeds and take the second ones in front of Sunset Beach Bar. For €12 you get a free drink each which includes wine and cocktails or soft drinks and also free Wifi which was great and also the mans who runs it is very funny! The closeness of the hotel to the beach means that you can pop up to the room to get something or for a cool down which I had to do one day! There is no entertainment at the hotel but just halfway down the hill is Monica Isobel hotel which has fab entertainment every night if you don't want to go further afield. The hotel may look a bit dated but does the job and I would definitely go back and recommend to others.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank 2012lou
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I am due to stay at this hotel in a few weeks. Today I recieved news that the online company that I booked the hotel through has gone into administration and that my booking with the hotel is likely to be invalid.
I need to contact the hotel asap to ensure my booking is still valid, but have had difficulty contacting them. I went on the hotel's website and used there website email but it didn't work.
If anyone has an email address, phone number, I would be most grateful.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends