Visited the place during second half of October 2013. Booked a studio for a lowest price, at arrival we were offered a 1-bedroom apartment instead, without any additional charge. The apartment is clean and cool, with a poolside view. Small kitchen has an oven, fridge, a set of dishes and other cookware, all items are simple but new and clean.
The hotel was all booked as we're told by manager, but we didn't see a lot of folks, I'd rather said the hotel was filled about 40-50 percent; the season was over.
There is no restarant, but few snackbars down the street are enough to get some food at any time. A couple of small shops are also available, though they are all touristic regarding the price level and the assortment.
The hotel is located about 15 mins walking from crowded areas - the Strip and old Albufeira town, so the place is very cool and not noisy. About 200 mts walking down the hill and you're on ocean's beach - all wide, clean and nice. The swimming was a sort of problematic, strong waves and no cutwaters on the beach.
No problem with parking, we've rented a car for all stay and there was free parking places any time. I'd recommend to have a car when residing in this aparthotel.
Free WiFi is at reception only, sometimes sluggish, especially when 10-12 people are trying to skype their friends. If you're alone - the speed is fine enough for live video.
Hotel requires the dishes to be washed - that wasn't a problem for us, but I've heard some people were disappointed with this requirement. So, keep the space clean.
The safebox in the room was broken, but we didn't intend to use it. TV showed few local portugal channels, BBC News and CNN, nothing more, the signal quality was poor and there was no remote control. It might be disappointing, but we also didn't watch the TV, having fun with our own laptop records and movies.
There are no animations at all, I'd say it was good. If you're a football fan, the next bar up the street is for you - there's a large TV and football matches all day long with fans, beer etc. If you have small children they will probably be bored - no entertainment, just the pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel apartment Luna Clube Oceano is a friendly and modern 3* complex, located in Albufeira, in the heart of the Algarve, just 100 meters from S. Joao beach. Luna Clube Oceano offers a peaceful location and feature apartments equipped with balcony with pool view. The hotel facilities are ideal for couples and families that wish to be close to the center and the beach, seeking for a friendly service and a relaxing break. Luna Clube Oceano is set on a hill and offer a peaceful location and very close to the beach, where a wide selection of watersports are offered. The local restaurants, bars and shops are all within a short walk and feature a lively nightlife. It offers the ideal location for those who wish to explore the Algarve, or simply relaxing by the pool or the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, TravelUp and Hotels.com so you can book your Luna Clube Oceano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clube Oceano Hotel Albufeira
- Clube Oceano Aparthotel Albufeira
- Luna Clube Oceano Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal