“O Tunnel Albufeira”

Esplanada Do Tunel
Ranked #248 of 858 Restaurants in Albufeira
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: A special venue in a privileged location where you can enjoy a delicious meal of fresh fish or grilled meat accompanied by the sound of the sea.
Reviewed 6 July 2014

fish dishes are superb but the sides like vegetables and potatoes could be a little bit hotter but the food was amazing

1  Thank Joe O

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Fantastic place!! Great view over the beach. The terrace is a complete sun trap at the bottom where I spent almost everyday of my holiday (to the point where I pretty much had my own table) All who work there are friendly, attentive and nothing is too much trouble. I highly recommend!!! When ordering from the main menu there are some fantastic choices especially the fish dishes. I really enjoyed the Paella (which they will happily do for one). Make sure you get the Sangria you won't be disappointed the best I had the whole time I was in Albufeira.

1  Thank Zoe C
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We loved the location of the restaurant, right over the beach and we were pleasantly surprised at the range and reasonable cost of the large menu. The waiters were all delightful and the food never failed to please. We usually try a different place every night when we're on holiday but returned here three times and actually wished we'd just gone every evening! Lovely paella!

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Always happy, comical staff right on the beach, we visit this place 5/6 times a year, reasonable prices, every fish we have all had has been superb! Highly recommend from toastie sandwiches, pizzas through to fish, lamb and duck dishes all prepared with attention to detail that's appropriate for each individual dish.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We were a little leary about this restaurant since its right on the beach. While looking at the menu, a local mentioned that many locals eat there and that the food is quite good.
We went back another evening and enjoyed well prepared seafood steps from the beach on an outdoor patio. In talking to the wait staff, the restaurant is usually quite busy, but only open in season, about six months of the year.
We were pleased with the food, service and great views.