“Quality Chinese food which was the best of our holiday”
Review of Alibaba Chopsticks

Alibaba Chopsticks
Ranked #704 of 855 Restaurants in Albufeira
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Walking through Albufeira from the main square to the beach and feeling hungry we went to this restaurant where the prices looked reasonable. What a lovely surprise we had with the food. First class quality and taste to die for!
I had the ribs and chow mein and my wife had ribs and the prawns. Would recommend this place to anyone who appreciates a tasty Chinese!

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Went to Alibaba Chinese, late, when all other restaurants were closing, it was empty, We were given a menu and made our choices, spare ribs to start, and chicken curry to follow. Jenny the owner came to take our order, I told her what we wanted, when I said chicken curries, she asked how did we want it, hot, or mild, my wife replied hot, I said medium, she said hot, or mild, I said again medium, she said No! No! No! hot or mild, I gave up.
The spare rib's came and looked as if they had been cremated, with no meat on them and no flavour.
Then the grand finale, the curries, mine was insipid with no curry spices, as flavours, just a hint of chilli oil. My wife took her first mouthful and nearly choked, the flavour was like mine except it had lots of chilli oil to make it "Hot" (as Jenny described) She then seemed to take pity on me, or had a change of mind and appeared with a large jug of chilli oil and against my cries of no thanks and her warnings to be careful, proceeded to sprinkle some on my curry, which made it inedible.
I know I've painted a gruesome, but TRUE picture of our meal I must say we had a fantastic night, with Jenny's accent, her fantastic sense of humour (which was compatible with mine) we
became friends, she visited our hotel to see us, we met in the square foe a chat, and most of all
a card giving us a 10% discount for all future meals we had there, I'm not sure about eating there again, unless I was drunk, but if I wanted a good laugh Alibaba would be my choice.

2  Thank cjm182
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We had the special menu which was reasonably price but we wish we had chosen from the main menu. The choice was prawn crackers, rice and a meat dish, no vegetables or no vegetarian option. The sweet and sour chicken came with just a sauce. All cooked fine but unremarkable. The service was good.

Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

Went in on a off chance found the staff quite friendly and didn't rush us with our order. Food was nice and not over filling like the usual Chinese's very enjoyable would recommend!

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Best Curry I have had for sometime and the Chicken Balls my wife had with her sweet and sour, were the size of Golf Balls good value all round