This was our first holiday abroad with our 5 year old twin daughters. We chose the hotel due to its location and the standard of the rooms. Many of the hotels we looked at elsewhere offered family rooms at a similar price point that were just that - one room for the adults and children. For this reason we booked the deluxe duplex garden room. This gave a bedroom for the girls on the ground floor and a seperate bedroom upstairs with separate balcony for my wife and I. The hotel, room and staff certainly did not disappoint (I can post some photos of the room if this will help as official online images are not that helpful). We stayed halfboard and lunch and drink prices are reasonable given it is a five star (approx 30 euros for a generous family lunch, wine at 5 euros a glass, bottles from 19 and cocktails at 9). Will not repeat other poositives from other posts (but there are many)
1) The rooms have an integrated av system that you can hookup to ypur phone via Bluetooth for streaming). The instructions in the room are pretty poor. To set-up enable Bluetooth pairing on your device, then on the upstairs tv hold down the button on the "Trust" Bluetooth device on front of the tv. Keep holding it while it flashes red and blue . Your device should then show "Trust Wireless" select this to pair. Once paired you then need to go to the A-bus control panel that is on the wall (this was near the light switches for the upstairs bathroom in our room). On this panel then hit the power button quickly four times until your music plays (the power button also serves as an audio source selector). This last bit was not explained anywhere.
2) Walk along the beach to/from Vilamoura. It will take about 40 mind and is a beautiful walk.
3) The sunloungers on the beach do not belong to the hotel. If you only intend to use for a few hours ask for half a day rental. The owners on the beach will not advertise this but it is available.
The hotel is very modern and quite chic. The hotel therefore attracts some clientel with very high expectations and demands. The staff deal with this well; however, I was not always comfortable with this and I felt that some of the body language and attitudes of the guests did result in a slightly awkward ambience and enforce an insular attitude between the guests (although I must admit I may of been over sensitive to this given it was our first holiday abroad with our young girls).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located overlooking Falésia Beach (Albufeira), the EPIC SANA Algarve has 162 Bedrooms, 24 Garden Suites Deluxe and 43 spacious Resort Suites with a modern design, complemented by up-to-date amenities and the latest generation technology. A large SPA, 5 outdoor swimming pools and an indoor swimming pool, Kid's club, Games Room, multi-sport court, three restaurants, two bars and a snack-bar next to the swimming pools, are some of the facilities on offer at the EPIC SANA Algarve Hotel. With 1.848m2 of meeting rooms and more than1,000m² of outdoor areas, the Congress Centre of the EPIC SANA Algarve Hotel will be a reference point for congresses and events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Prestigia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your EPIC SANA Algarve Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- EPIC SANA Algarve Hotel Albufeira, Portugal