This is the second week (of three) of our luxury hotels review tour in Portugal. We just checked in to the newly opened Vidamar Algarve Hotel at Vidamar Resorts outside Albufeira, a new five star.
We got half-board to really test the kitchen here. So far so good. The breakfast was just perfect, and the dinner buffet likewise. The hotel staff have solved all problems thrown at them within minutes and with a friendly stance.
Of course, with a newly opened hotel, there are improvements to be made:
- They served mozzarella and tomato baguette without tomato, and hoping everything was fine, when asked, they explained they had no tomatoes that day (always tell the customer first)
- No information about how to operate the difficult AC in the room, staff came to room and explained "you can not set temperature, but only the minutes" (this turned out to be wrong), AC faulty first did not work at all, then fan at high speed at all times, then works again (several interactions with staff in room trying to find a solution).
- No information about minibar unlock fee of 6 euros before and no price information for minibar items. When minibar opened one finds only two beers and some softdrinks (no spirits or wine).
- TV turns on automatically with only "white noice" every time we enter the room and place the key card in the holder.
- Failed to make the third bed while cleaning (however, this bed is hidden under a sofa). Fails to clean glasses, but puts them back in cupboard upsidedown (indicating they have been cleaned).
- The cleaning service is not concentrated to one time, but can go on at any time during the day, meaning you do not have access to your room in privacy during the day (e.g. at 5.30 pm they came back after the cleaning to change some bed linen, took off, and came back again to fix something else).
- The pool opens at 0900, which is late for a morning swim, and then it is often cleaned after opening.
- There is a sound in the night, all night, that sounds like your neighbour is taking a shower (water running in pipes). It is load enough to bother us, but not loud enough to warrant a complaint for now (right now we are happy the AC fan is not on full speed as it was before).
Some information of potential annoyances for others that does not bother us:
- 30-50% of the day, they play pop music in a speaker facing the hotel from the pool area, so you can not choose not to listen to this music. It has been quite load. We really like it, but if you do not like pop music most of the day when in your room with open balcony door or when relaxing at the pool, you have been warned! Of course, they also play music in relation to "Animacion", maybe one hour or so per day.
- The three pools are lit during night and the light changes very fast (different colours), so even without music at night you will get a bit of a disco at your resort or sea view balcony. We think it looks cool but also understand that some might have preferred colours to change slowly.
Kids view (Kid A): "The hotel gives a feeling of luxury, the staff are nice, and the food is great. The location is great - just a short private walk down to the beach. The pools have perfect temperature and there are separate pools for small kids. So far I have found no room for improvements."
Kids view (Kid B): I like that the water in the pool is not too salty. The breakfast lived up to my expectations with good juices and toast with Nutella. I like the modern design of the resort and the big poufs and round cosy beds around the pool area. I also like that they have many parasols so that one can have shadow. I did not like any of the three dishes we tried at the Sabor A Mar Restaurant (mainly seafood needed to "peel" yourself)
Father: The bed is of good quality, and so is the rest of the room. For me, the sea-view we got is important, and so is the proximity to the beach. I like that I feel that my daughters are safe to move around the resort on their own. The pool bar and the Gin bar have great selections of gin (this is always my first test of a five star hotel). In comparison with last weeks test of another hotel in Algarve, we feel that so far we get more value for the price paid. One thing I miss is beef instead or pork in the buffet, but maybe this is served on some days.
In summary, the staff provides an extremely good service, the location, facilities, breakfast, dinner buffet and rooms are great, but it seems like there are still some run-in problems to solve.
We will update this review with a complete review after the full stay, so stay tuned.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 5-Star beachfront Hotel enjoys a fabulous location: on Salgados beach sand dunes, alongside a golf course and nearby a nature reserve. The Vidamar Algarve Hotel Guests can experience the MAR laid-back experience with the lively VIDA family facilities. All hotel Guests stay on Half Board basis and can take advantage of the Dine Around concept, whereby you can sample a variety of cuisines at a selection of restaurants. This Hotel offers 250 double rooms and suites, with different views. Doubles rooms can accommodate up to 2 adults and 2 children 0-11yrs. The Aquatica Kids World is designed around children and their daily needs. From 3 to 11-year-olds, the emphasis is on fun in a safe, secure environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Prestigia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Vidamar Resort Algarve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vidamar Resort Algarve Albufeira, Portugal