1,225 results
All reviewsgin barnature reservemamma miaocean buffethalf boardbuffet restaurantsunset barprivate swimming poolbreakfast and dinnerfive star hotelsalgados beachbedroom villamain pool iskids clubstar servicedirect accessmodern hotel
Reviewed 21 September 2017

Everything was perfect! Beach, Pools, restaurants and other facilities....
the staffs are very polite and efficient enough too.
There's nothing to complain about.
However, I strongly recommend to the couple without kids not to go there in the summer.
You have to give up all about relaxing.
Kids are running around literally the whole day till midnight and the buffet restaurant is totally a disaster.
The other restaurants were very nice too but unfortunately the hotel changed the Portugese restaurant only for the wedding.
We were quite counting on it so we were a bit disappinted.
They shoud inform at least on their website.

Anyway it was a pleasant stay and my kids enjoyed a lot.

Room Tip: If you want some privacy, the upper floors of the gold course view is recommended (not the ground floor)
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
CardosoJ, General Manager at VidaMar Resort Hotel Algarve, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you very much for your preference for Vidamar Resorts Hotel Algarve.
Your comments are very valuable in helping us to ensure that your expectations are met each visit. We are very happy to learn that you had a good time with us!
Vidamar Resorts Hotel Algarve disposes of the Mar Club with the Bali Beds on the exterior of the Hotel which is an adult only space, as the limit of entering age is from 16 on.
We do dispose of a SPA facility in the floor 0 which is considered an adult only space. Children are only allowed to enter the interior pool from 10h00 until 11h30, with the supervision of an adult.
We offer options for adults, children and families, however there are some public places in the Hotel in where both groups will meet.
We are looking forward to welcome you in our Resort, again, in a near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 9 September 2017

My son and his then fiancé selected the Vidamar Resort Hotel to hold their wedding reception, so my husband and myself decided to incorporate a weeks holiday at the same time. We are so pleased they chose this hotel. On arrival we were met by a very pleasant Receptionist and we found all reception staff to be very helpful, giving that extra mile to give advice and information. Our room was on the 2nd floor being very spacious, and provided everything that you could possibly wish for. Our only criticism would be that our tea and milk was not replaced on four occasions and we had to let reception staff know but our request was acted on immediately by housekeeping and replaced without question. The shower room was excellent, very spacious and provided us with continuous hot water throughout the day. What I like about this hotel is that everything works......so often in hotels niggly little things annoy but not at the Vidamar - everything runs like clockwork.
Food in the dining room is delicious and such a good choice, although it can get a little noisy if you dine at peak times.

Now for the wedding reception........Absolutely fabulous. It was held in a private part of the grounds under palm trees for the cocktails and canapes before heading to the terrace for the main meal. The food was delicious and served to us with just the right amount of time between courses. Dancing followed till around 2am when we staggered back to our room. Without question we would love to return to the Vidamar, it was so well run and a credit to all the staff who work there.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Outandabout359
CardosoJ, General Manager at VidaMar Resort Hotel Algarve, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Vidamar Resorts Algarve.
We are delighted to hear you had a great time with us and enjoyed the wedding (many congratulations!).
We are also very glad to learn that you enjoyed the quality of the service we provide.
Looking forward to welcoming you back very soon during your next visit!

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

VidaMar was amazing from start to finish! The staff were so pleasant and so informative, explaining how the hotel works and the facilities provided from check in, the main pool was huge and had different activities to participate in. Such as, Zumba and water polo. Then there's two smaller pools mainly for children, towels were provided for, sun beds were comfortable. The food was yum, different choice of food to choose from at the buffet for breakfast and dinner, the Sunset bar was good for light snacks and lunch, Mama Mia - Italian restaurant was not the greatest and then you have Aji the Japanese which was delicious!

The beach is a two minute board walk from the hotel, with hotel guest access only, which is controlled with your room key.

There was nothing I could fault! Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone, cannot wait to go back!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rajveer27

Dear Mr. Rajveer,

With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations.
Thank you for staying at the Vidamar Resorts Algarve and we hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to Algarve!

Reviewed 9 September 2017

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel for 6 days as a mini break before she went to senior school. It's the first time that just her and I have gone away abroad (left hubby and older son at home) so I wanted somewhere that we would be looked after and secure. We certainly felt comfortable at this hotel as it is in a lovely spot away from the town yet near to a beach.
The staff in the hotel were lovely and helpful but I did feel at times that they were understaffed and some staff in the buffet restaurant a little distracted and unenthusiastic to assist.
The dinning experience itself was not exactly 5*, the food was nice but not wonderful and having to queue every time you wanted something was a little stressful for me as it meant I had to either take my daughter with me or leave her sitting at the table on her own.
We did one morning order room service rather than going to the restaurant for breakfast and this was lovely and plentiful but of course you pay again for this.
Also, I hadn't quite appreciated that the meals in the buffet canteen are the only ones included in your dine around and that guests just receive an allowance towards the cost of eating in other restaurants in the resort. We did eat at the Italian on site twice, with the first experience being great and the service on the second night not so.
The rooms were lovely and clean, with really comfy beds. However, I had paid the additional tariffs to have a room with nature views, the description to which was that we would have panaramic views over the golf course. This was important to me as I didn't want a room near the hussle and bussle of the resort. However we were allocated a ground floor room to the side of the pool, with close proximity to the disco that blasted out bass music on our first night. I complained, but was told that the room that I expected didn't really exist. We were moved however to the 3rd floor at the back of the hotel, where we faced the road and I could see the golf course to one side. Although on the road side of the hotel, it wasn't noisy as the area is quite peaceful on the whole.
The airport shuttle is an extra charge.
The pools were great, with a swim up bar in the kids pool where my daughter felt very grown up sipping her Fanta or milk shake. The main pool was not crowded and there were plenty of sun beds even on the busy days.
The beach was a pleasant stroll away and was great as you would expect for this area, although busy, yet very clean.
I've seen the comments regarding drink prices and yes they were perhaps a little on the higher side, but the snack bars were reasonable and good quality. We went off into Albuferia a couple of times and found the food similarly priced there, yet not as nice.
All in all we had a nice time and I would recommend this hotel but don't expect 5 star treats or service.

Room Tip: Luck of the draw and don't pay for an upgraded room
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Carol D

Dear Mrs. Carol,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your comments and views. At Vidamar Resorts Algarve, we take all guest comments very seriously as many of our guests have our best interest at heart when they take the time to give us constructive feedback to help us improve.
We are very happy to learn that you had a great time with us and that you and your daugther enjoyed the wet bar pool area. However, we regret that you didn't felt our high quality service in our other restaurants. You comments have been transmitted directly to the Head Department Chefs to ensure that the our quality service in maintained at all times.
We hope to see you again soon in a near future, and wish the best of luck to your daughter in senior school.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

We were here with a 4m/o baby. During the summer of 2015. It was perfect. Nice people, great food. There are different restaurants where you can have dinner apart from the buffet. But make sure you reserve your spots on the day of arrival. :-) The pool and pool bar are nice! You get beach towels during your stay. Would definitely go again. The beds are perfect by the way!

Room Tip: All rooms are good. There are a lot of rooms with sea and pool view.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Lisanne R

Dear Mrs. Lisanne,

Thank you very much for your kind review. We are happy to know that you had an amazing and relaxed holiday with us and we hope you have managed to bring home special memories of your stay with us again.
We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Vidamar Resorts Algarve in the near future, as we are always very happy to have you in our Resort.

Best regards,