“AMAZING FOOD!!!!”

Ranked #11 of 16 Dessert in Albufeira
Price range: US$3 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: I can I please make the split time sac as from 12:00 to 14:30 and from 18:oo to 22:00 please let me know thank you gennaro from il vesuvio albufeira yes is open gennaro thank you outside seat al fresco 38 seat plus inside 85 seat and full a3 licence
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“AMAZING FOOD!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Got a taxi from Olhos D'Agua.........thought it was a pretty classy place.

The staff were great, very friendly.............the food was amazing!!!!!

I have just returned from Sorrento in Italy and ate some lovely food............but would say that the food I ate at Il Vesuvio is still at the top of my list!!!!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank 19caz59

Templeton, null, United Kingdom
“A Gem in Albufeira!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

We come to Albufeira 3-4 times a year, but stopped for the first time at this restaurant on our way to our apartment last week. We had a very early flight and were starving, we had no idea what it would be like. We had a full English breakfast, which was amazing and very good value. We were so impressed we decided to go again for an evening meal. It did not disappoint! We chose from the 'Special Menu' and it was superb. The presentation of the food was really professional and the meal was extremely tasty. The sweet was to die for, Strawberry Cheesecake, all homemade, and fantastic. The service was very good, attentive and polite. It was a boiling night and there were three fans strategically placed, which made it very comfortable.All in all, a lovely experience, and as very regular visitors who own a property in The Algarve, we will be back!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Sarah E
Krakow, Poland
“Perfect for very hungry people!:)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

My boyfriend and I spent 6-7 days in Albufeira.
We really wanted to try typical Portuguese food and we end up being hungry for first 2-3 days of our stay. The restaurants we went to where serving fresh food but without any taste (no herbs, etc.), all just boiled and small portions. Then we found this restaurant on a Trip Advisor and we were coming back there for next few days, for lunch and dinners.

1. I think that the reason of the success of this restaurant is that it’s a family business where the stuff and the cooks (father and I guess a son) put a lot of effort to prepare the food and they treat you with a big respect. The cooks are walking around (we liked the son a lot, very friendly and with a big talent) and very often asking you how do you want the food to be prepared. You can easily say them or the waitress Isabel that you don’t eat something or you prefer to change this for that, etc. Isabel is amazing! When we were there she was the only experience waitress there (as the other one got sick I think), but she was so patient for everybody. And when she saw us next day she was so happy and smiling to us like a Mum who didn’t see her kids for long time:)

2. First day I took a vegetable soup – delicious! Full of fresh vegetables, herbs, etc. Big portion! To be honest I was full just after this soup. For the second meal I took some simple pasta and it was good too. My boyfriend had pizza calzone or sth like that, he said it’s the best he had in his life. Then we found out that the cook is from Napoli:)

3. The bruschetta – to be honest I am not a big fan of it, but this one was delicious! Fresh tomatoes, herbs; not too much, not too little olive oil. Amazing! I miss it a lot now!

4. Next days I took a salad with aborigines and some other things, delicious! I ordered it again next day and I have to admit it was not so good anymore, but I forgive that:) because they were really overwhelmed, many people, not enough stuff to work, etc. We also took Mojito and first we thought hmm strange and strong, but it was not strong because of the alcohol, but the FRESH MINT! Isabel went to a garden and she came back holding mint in her hand:) Worth to try! It is completely different mojito from what you get in the pubs.

5. The ice-creams! O my God! I tried all tastes and I like vanilla and pistachio the most! You must try! They are homemade I guess, and when you eat you feel snowberries and vanilla and dark pure chocolate and real pastiches inside, not sugar.

6. The restaurant and the toilettes are extremely clean. Isabel changed my glass when she saw that it is not properly clean (I didn’t see anything)! :)

It is really worth to try. The food is good and fresh, the portions are big, and the prices are law for this quality of food. And the stuff is extremely friendly, so after first day you feel like at home:) If you want to talk with them you can talk and talk, if you want some privacy then they will leave you alone and let you enjoy the food. Isabel is very emphatic and the cooks are very friendly, and professional too.

Regards to all the team of Il Vesuvio!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank 352Magda
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

I will highly recommend this place! This was really the most perfect restaurant! Last night of our two weeks stay, we found this place - 20 min walk from the house we are renting. We ordered bruschetta (epic), penne arabiata (spicy, yum) and for dessert we chose the strawberry cheescake and profiteroles with chocolate. This meal was splendid! The staff was really nice and serviceminded, and made the evening perfect! I'm just sorry we are leaving for Norway tomorrow!

1 Thank MaritSi
Dublin, Ireland
“A must visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Travelling with 2 young boys, this delivered quality food for all of us. A family run business that welcomes all visitors in a very homely way. In one week, I think we had 1 breakfast, 1 lunch and 2 dinners here. Exquisite taste with no food left over. A must visit!

• Visited July 2014