“Mrs”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

German first
Any
Lizzy674
“Be careful of what you are getting for your money”
Reviewed 28 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017
people found this review helpful

I booked more than a year in advance for my wedding, my initial contact with the owner was very good and he was very helpful in amending the dates to suit. I also met him at the property 3 months before to confirm some details. 2 days before my arrival I received an email saying the pergola which was being installed for us to marry under had blown away, however he included a photo of a sail type canopy which if suitable he would instruct his housekeeper to purchase for us, i replied that this would be perfect.
The day before we were due to arrive I received another email asking how much had I paid for the rental as the amount he had been notified about was considerably lower than what he normally charges, when I sent details of my booking confirmation and amount paid it was suggested it was not my fault be he would normally have received much more. Not a good start!
On arrival at the property earlier than normal but on agreement we found the pool with the cover on, when we removed it the pool had not been cleaned, we had to insist someone clean it, we did attempt to remove items of clothing from the pool.
The outside kitchen was flooded, we attempted to clean this however there was a leak from the sink which was evident it was old as the sink unit was warped due to water damage. When the handyman came to fix this he tried to put a temporary fix as he said it would cost money to fix properly, again we had to insist this was fixed properly.
Air conditioning remotes were not left and when I enquired about these I was told I would have to pay extra, I asked how much and was told €250 per week, I thought I had misheard and ask to confirm how much and was again told €500 for 2 weeks. To say I was shocked was an understatement, I was disgusted, at no point was I ever asked to pay extra never mind how much.
I contacted the housekeeper to request the the sprinkler system be turned off on the day of our wedding, she did ask if I wanted it turned off the day before which I said was not necessary as long as it was off on the day of the wedding. Imagine my horror when we were setting up chairs in the garden and the sprinklers came on! I contacted the housekeeper who was very rude and told me it was still Monday (the day of the wedding) and they would be turned off, maybe a breakdown in communication, maybe not!
The day before we were due to leave the gardeners arrived - fair enough they come once a week to tidy up, the arrived before 11am, we left for 2 hours to allow them to do their work, when we returned they were gone but some bags were left, they returned soon after in 2 vans, 4 men who continued to work until after 6pm, cutting back trees, cutting back all of the bushes surrounding the house, cutting all of the grass, so much they had to bring in another van to remove all the cuttings. When we mentioned this to the housekeeper she shrugged her shoulders and said 'it needed done and if it wasn't you it would have been someone else'. The icing on the cake was when she accused us of breaking an already broken lantern. The home owner proceeded to send us emails accusing us of breaking said lantern and requesting €115 to replace it. Unfortunately for him he sent us a photo of the lantern( which we had already) showing it lying on the ground, which if you look closely you can see the old attempts at fixing the lantern, much older than 2 weeks! I did contact the owner with these comments after our stay, however he accused me of lying regarding the cost of the air conditioning and the length of time the gardeners where there, he also copied (by error I assume) me in an email to his housekeeper and accused me of not paying enough for my rental and me being disgruntled at being asked to pay more being the reason for the complaints.
I booked my stay using this website and the price is set at the time, however as I have found in the process when people realise you are planning a wedding prices tend to inflate and maybe this is the reason we were treated so poorly.
I went on to 2 other properties after my stat at the villa and booked and paid in the same way with no issues.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
21 Jun 2018
I am Jean-Pierre the owner of the property and I never answer at this review since june 2017 but I thing everybody should know that my property has video cameras and unfortunatly for this guest who is writing against me and my villa I have the movie where we can see very very well a big mobil home going against this lantern the guest who has wrote this review maybe don't know probably what w because it was not her Driving the mobil home ,maybe the driver has no.

The guest had organized a big party wedding in my property, I was not there

Othe situation also this guest write that everyone can see the cables on the floor?? yes of course you can see them but the lanters are no

e guest who as make a big party in my villa has defenitly bro
fifi74Lee...
leeds
“Mrs”
Reviewed 31 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Superb villa, lots of space, very helpful owner, would totally recommend, kids loved it. Would definitely use again!

Management Response
2 Nov 2016
Thank you very mutch Fiona and you and your all family will be always welcome at the Solar das Flores.
As you know I have also grand childrens and I will try to install games for all childrens like this in the future I hope they will enjoy there stay.
Kind regards.
Jean-Pierre.
Rob L
“Great family break!”
Reviewed 24 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

This is our last day at the very beautiful Villa "Solar das Flores". We visited for a week last year as a group of 8 adults. This year we returned again with our 1 yr old grandson.
It has been everything we had hoped for and more. its secluded location and excellent facilities allow everyday to be eventful and stress free. the walled property gives a great feeling of security and privacy which is lovely for the family but vast space ensures that you do not feel on top of each other.
Even the daily walk to the supermarket (about 15mins) through the fields is entertaining. Not that suitable for a child's buggy though!
The housekeeper is friendly and very helpful, local taxis are easily accessed, though we had a 8 seater mini bus it was mainly used for the big food shopping. There is a superb local market next to the supermarket which has an excellent butchers in it. We used this for all our BBQs.
A couple of our group visited Zoomarina (20mins in taxi) and said it was a very good day out. Also a late afternoon / evening trip to Vilamora marina for dinner is very nice.(15 mins in taxi).
In summary a beautifully finished villa in a peaceful location which provides a wonderful place to spend quality time with the family. Will certainly hope to be able to return again soon!

Alex M
“Amazing spacious villa, with great outside space and pool”
Reviewed 14 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Loved our stay here in late August 2016. Place very clean, all rooms ensuite, fantastic pool, BBQ and outside eating area. Tennis court nice extra for cooler times of the day. Came with children and other friends and their families and there's tons of space for everybody and everybody had a great time. Pictures made the place look amazing, and it didn't disappoint.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Ruud T
Bocholt, Belgium
“Awesome Luxurious Villa”
Reviewed 12 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

We went with a group of 10 guys and had a great time at the villa.
It's really big, so suitable for groups or families!
All very clean and tidy and because it's a bit on the countryside there are no complaints from neighbours. You won't have any trouble with uninvited guests due to the electric gate and alarm system, it's very well protected. The housekeeper is really helpfull and kind.

These words can't describe the feeling we had during this vacation.
Magnificent

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The space and quiteness of the place.
Liked least: Outside lightning didn't work and the pool wasn't heated which we payed for
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
MShiel
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
Reviewed 13 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

Having found out 2 weeks before our departure that the villa company I had already arranged a villa through had gone bust, didn't fill me with much confidence that I'd find somewhere suitable in such short time - fortunately I've an amazing girlfriend who stumbled across Solar Das Flores!

Ideally located 10mins from Albuferia & 15 fro Vilamoura, this villa was just right for a group of 9 guys away for a stag-do. A private swimming pool set in lush grounds with fruit trees providing the ultimate healthy snack! We especially loved the tennis courts and the space on offer so that we weren't all on top of one another... Already we are all thinking of returning with our girlfriends/wives. We could find no fault with this amazing property. The contact with the owner Jean-Pierre from start to finish was nothing but exceptional, we couldn't believe our luck in finding somewhere as amazing as Solar Das Flores just 2 weeks before we flew out!

Travelling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing