Grande Real Santa Eulalia Resort & Hotel Spa
US$269
US$249
Clube Humbria by 3HB(Olhos de Agua)
US$259
US$198
US$154
US$144
  • Beachfront
Falesia Mar by 3HB(Olhos de Agua)
US$144
US$403
US$285
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
Golden Beach by 3HB(Albufeira)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$185
Orbitz.com
Eden Resort(Albufeira)
US$125
3,291 results
All reviewskids clubsanta eulaliaold townsea view suitefive star hotelfish restaurantprivate beachthe main hotellovely hotelhalf boardheated poolevening buffetself cateringfree shuttleout of seasonbeach barlovely beach
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Having three pre-school sons we have done our fair share of off-peak family holidays over recent years, and up to now have opted for "family friendly" apart-hotels run by a big tour operator. When booking Santa Eulalia we therefore feared our children would fair less well without the usual razzmatazz of water slides, giddy reps and blaring nightly entertainment. We also feared that other hotel residents would fair less well having their tranquillity shattered by three boisterous boys.

On the contrary, this is easily the best family holiday we have ever had. Our two bedroom apartment was spacious and well equipped, with an excellent daily maid service (the obliging maid even did the dishes and folded my nightie when I neglected to do so). The hotel staff were very welcoming, and we never once felt that our children were a burden, even in the restaurant. The baby pools may have been just pools, but never underestimate the appeal of jumping into one repeatedly for a small child, especially when you equip them with a couple of water toys. The highlight was the beach: on the doorstep, golden sands and blissfully quiet! From what I could see it was mainly frequented by hotel guests and locals, and we spent hours there soaking up the atmosphere and sun shine. There were football nets in the gardens outside our apartment, and a park which went down well with the children. A club was available with seemingly excellent facilities, although between the pool and the beach we never felt the need to avail of it.

The evening meals were delicious and I was delighted by the fact that not a pizza or french fry was on offer, forcing my brood to try the many mediterranean dishes. It was simple and delicious cooking, a real culinary adventure. The dishes the chefs created with vegetables were amazing - it's been hard going back to steamed broccoli this week - and the desserts were equally memorable (the boys are still talking about that chocolate and cream cake!) Breakfast was decent, although the traditional cooked variety will always be better at home which is probably as it should be!

How wonderful to have fresh beach towels every day, lightening the packing load. The spa looked amazing with daily discounted treatments which I was unfortunately unable to have. Had I not been pregnant, I would been there like a shot!

My husband and I basked in the peace and quiet, the excellent cuisine and (for me) the utter cleanliness of the place. I will find it very hard to return to a commercial family hotel no matter how tremendous the water slides. It was so refreshing to have a holiday where we didn't feel like tourists, and wasn't just about the children with no detriment to their experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Claire M
Hoteis_Real_Alg, Gerente at Grande Real Santa Eulalia Resort & Hotel Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Guest,
Thanks for your comments so complete and excited! We loved it!
We always look for the small details to make big differences and our main objective is that the customer feels it. Your review transmit precisely what we want our guests to feel.
It is really overwhelming to see how enjoyable your stay was and that you were pleased with our service and staff.
Thank you also for your detailed description of our services and facilities, but also our localization as well as the services closer. We are sure that these will be greatly appreciated and very helpful for future guests.
Thank you so much for having left your feedback about our Hotel on Tripadvisor and we hope that we will be able to welcome you again for another good time at our Hotel.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Good things = free wifi! So I can post TA reviews! Also the cleanliness - very clean. And the facilities in the apartments - has everything you'll need, even a kettle! Gardens etc are very attractive. Staff are quite friendly and helpful, better than average, I think. AirCon = very efficient (I'm freezing - and I'm a middle aged woman! We're NEVER cold!)
Bad things = the beds in the apartments are rock hard!! I'm currently waiting for some unfortunate to haul a softer mattress in. Also, the resort seems to be split into 2 halves. The "Haves" who live in luxury in the main hotel building and the "Have Nots" who occupy the self-catering apartments at the rear of the property. Guess where I am??
I see a lot of reviews from families with small children and (having several of the little blighters myself), this is a good place for kids. But I've done my bit for humanity and the sound proofing isn't up to much in the apartments (which is where most families seem to stay). Even as I type, somebody's having a right strop about putting his shoes on.
So, having realised we're in the wrong place, we asked if we could upgrade (paying a supplement) to the Grown Up section (ie the hotel). Sadly, no rooms with a sea view are available so we're stuck in Kiddy Korner. But having said that, the little ones I've spoken to are adorable and we got this break at a reasonable rate with BA anyway. And, I don't think the hotel rooms have tea and coffee making facilities (but I'm not sure) and I like to have tea or coffee in my PJs at any time of the day or night if I want it! Plus the weather is good and the cocktails (and bar staff) are excellent. So there is much to recommend it.
We usually rent a villa when we come to the Algarve anyway, so its probably just the shock of having people around us that is making me enjoy this slightly less than I should.
If I had a comfy bed and slightly quieter neighbours (and a sea view), I'd be in heaven!
I feel slightly mean about the rating - its better than Average, but I'm not sure it rates as Very Good. If the softy mattress turns up, I'll change it!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank footballersmum
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Just returned from the Grande Real Santa Eulalia Resort & Hotel Spa, myself, hubby and 3yr old. We had a fantastic stay from start to finish. Will definitely be recommending this hotel to my family and friends. We stayed in room 463, lovely covered terrace and right beside the pools we will be asking for this again when we return, hopefully end of Sept/early Oct. There seems to be limited availability for this time which I can understand, I'm sure everyone who stays here books soon after returning.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank doler
Hoteis_Real_Alg, Gerente at Grande Real Santa Eulalia Resort & Hotel Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Guest,

It is overwhelming and really gratifying to guests already planning their return trip, as you are.
Thank you so much for your review and we look forward to welcoming you again on September/October.

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here back in March for our 2yr daughters first holiday abroad!
Although we didn't go at peak time of the year and the weather wasn't so warm our stay at this hotel was pretty much 5stars though the decor and carpet in the rooms were old that was the only negative comment we could have made.
The staff and amenities were highly recommended and rated most of Algarve was quiet however our hotel was business as usual and has facilities for all ages such as a play area for kids and a luxury Spa for adults we felt quite spoilt and never felt the need to leave our hotel! We found the pools clean and the beautiful beach is only 50yards from the hotel perfect spot for a stroll and pictures. Food at both the terrace cafe and main restaurant is tasty and fresh we have special food needs but never felt it was an issue as there is a great variety for all meal times.
Feel the need to mention that the hotel manager was very attentive to our needs we arrived at the hotel at 9am and was allowed to check in early and because we were a party booking with 2 reservations we didn't realise we had very far but also different room types we asked to be closer and both party's stay in the sea view this was accepted much to our appreciation as we paid slightly different prices for rooms.
Overall I could not fault or find little knit picks about the hotel! If I came to Algarve again I will be sure to stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank mrsjagger

Dear Guest,

It was a real pleasure to read your review and how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for all your compliments.

Thank you also for your detailed description of our services and facilities. We are sure that these will be greatly appreciated and very helpful for future guests.

Jorge teixeira

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Loved our stay at this hotel. Would definitely rate this hotel as a 5*. All you need to do is walk left out of the hotel for 15 minutes and compare it to other 4* hotels around. It is in a gated complex and has beautiful views. I stayed with my partner and we were celebrating a special occasion. 10 minutes after checking in we got a knock at our room door. The hotel had provided us with a bottle of champagne, mixed fruit and chocolate sauce! Free of charge! At the beginning of the week the hotel was quite quiet but started to slowly fill up. Still plenty of sun beds. The hotel is quite out the way of albufeira however the hotel has a free shuttle to take you to the old or new town. The last one is at 6.15 however it is only €6/€7 in a taxi back. We would also recommend a trip to vilamoura. We obtained a bus timetable from reception and caught the bus right outside of our hotel. This cost us €4 each to get there and approx €17/€20 on the way back in a taxi. The marina is full of luxurious yachts and surrounded by nice bars and restaurants. One tip when staying at the grande real Santa eulalia if you want to pick up some things from the supermarket turn right out of the hotel and walk for 5 minutes. There are at least 3 in that direction!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Bex1310

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments so complete and excited! We loved it!
It is really gratifying to see how enjoyable your stay was and that you were pleased with our service and staff.

Thank you so much for having left your feedback about our Hotel on Tripadvisor.
We look forward to welcoming you again to the Grande Real Santa Eulália Hotel & SPA.