“even the drink was awfull!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurante Doris

Restaurante Doris
Ranked #645 of 769 Restaurants in Albufeira
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dumfries, United Kingdom
“even the drink was awfull!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

We didn't eat here, just stopped off for a drink, a pint and an orange juice, average pint but i had to leave the juice as it was disgusting!!!

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Horsham, United Kingdom
“Erm, how do I put this...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I usually scope out places before I visit but on this occasion, being on a stag and arriving on The Strip after a few drinks and needing sustenance before the drinking ahead we ended up here...

Pizza seemed like a good idea, can't really go wrong there- right?

WRONG!!!

Here's the caveat and defence for Doris. I don't know if the cheese they use in Portugal is different, like Goats or something (which I don't like), but this was by some country mile the worst most disgustingly vile pile of vomit ever served on dough ever. None of us could get halfway through, despite being on the beer and hungry - and the were small pizzas!

It didn't look a bad place to eat (by Strip standards) and seeing as we all had the same thing we can't comment on the rest of the menu. Maybe there is something nice on the menu, hence the 2/5 rating (instead on 1/5).

Just don't go for a pizza!

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Isle of Thanet, England
“Worst meal of the entire holiday.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

As the title says. We came here and the place looked lovely. The staff were friendly and thats the only positive thing about the entire place. For mains I had macaroni cheese - written on the menu as rich cheese sauce. Rich maybe asin the price! it tasted like boiled pasta and was vile. After pouring half a pot of salt to try get some flavour I asked the waiter for a pot of cheese so that it would hopefully at least resemble what it was meant to be. The cheese they gave could have been mistaken for stringy plastic (a nice added touch that we were charged for this as well - trying to make dinner bareable! ) my partner had t-bone steak as he can only describe as lackluster. It was flavourless and unchewable even though he asked for a medium-rare. The price cost us an assounding 48 euros for mediocre starters and the worst mains EVER and two drinks. Our two previous evenings put together were cheaper and of the highest standard. I can only advise you to stear well clear.

Blackpool, United Kingdom
“poor quality”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

On the strip - would not go again worst meal of the holiday and very poor quality and not worth what they were charging - which was not cheap

Visited October 2013
1 Thank whatawaytogo
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Many nice experiences”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

We eat at Restaurante Doris on several occasions, and found that the staff were very helpful.

The food is very varied and Joao the restaurant manager even filleted the fish for me at the table as I do not like bones, my partner had Portuguese Pork which was very good and a Pizza which was excellent, I had the chicken and fish which were both very nice. The drinks were not over priced.

We will be visiting the Restaurant again on our return.

Jane and Paul Fletcher