We stayed here for New Year 2014 for 5 nights. We booked this last minute as our original hotel in Albufeira was disgusting! and we had a very pleasant stay but wish the location was a bit better.
We shared a 2 bedroomed apartment for 4 adults, there was one double ensuite with own balcony and 1 twin room. Another separate bathroom and kitchen and also a living area with another balcony. It was safe to say it was massive and ample for 2 couples as well as families. They were well equipped and clean. Maids changed the sheets and towels daily.
The food was brill. There wasnt much choice but what was there was really good. We had something different everyday including the soups and salads. The little rolls were amazing, could have ate them all day long!
The pool area was fine although was a little cold for us at that time of year but it was clean enough with sunbeds and tables/chairs present.
Drinks were available from 10am but only beer and soft drinks. If you wanted spirits you had to wait till 2pm but again that may be a seasonal thing? Drinks were served good and the cocktails were really nice. Bar staff were friendly especially when you gave them a small tip!
My biggest disappointment was New Years Eve. The hotel had a special Gala Dinner with entertainment but we were not allowed to it! I think it should have been compulsary with the hotel like any other hotel at New Year. We got stuck with table snacks and terrible entertainment in the bar! We ended up going to the roof at the bells to see the fireworks and then going back to our room with a bottle. Big let down as we were there to celebrate the New year!
The location is not so great. 20 min walk to the beach (worth it though!) and you would need a taxi to get to Albufeira which costs anything between 9 and 15 euros one way depending who you get. Its okay if you want a nice hotel in a quiet location. There are a few shops within walking distance.
Albufeira was lovely and I would go back in season again.
Overall the hotel is nice if you dont want to be in the centre of a busy resort and its in season as I would not return at New Year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of the most exclusive touristic areas, near the famous beaches of Albufeira. With an exceptional view over the pine trees and the golf course, the Alpinus Hotel is the perfect place for holidays in the Algarve. Features 185 apartments and studios (128 one-bedroom apartments, 52 two-bedrooms apartments and 5 studios) comfortably furnished, all with balcony, equipped kitchen, bathroom, direct telephone, satellite TV, stereo system, air conditioning and safe. The hotel includes two pool areas for adults and children, buffet restaurant, bar, coffee shop, meeting and events room with support equipment, private parking and free Wi-Fi. LOCATION The Alpinus Hotel is located between the exclusive area of Vilamoura, with its Casino, Marina and some of the best golf courses in the Iberian Peninsula, and the cosmopolitan town of Albufeira, with a diversity of handicraft shops, restaurants, bars, clubs and the vibrant nightlife of the Algarve. 29 km from Faro Airport, 12 km from Vilamoura, 10 km from the historic center of Albufeira, 1.2 km from the Falesia beach and 200 m from the Pine Cliffs golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Alpinus Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna Alpinus Albufeira
- Luna Alpinus Hotel Albufeira
- Alpinus Albufeira
- Hotel Alpinus
- Alpinus Hotel Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal