I always read bad reviews with a pinch of salt as you can't please every one so I was pleased when we arrived as I was feeling nervous about reviews I had read. The rooms were huge and clean, the pool was spotless but this is NOT a 4 star hotel.
On holiday we enjoy the pool, local strolls, entertainment and the food. Which is where I became very disappointed !!!
The pool was so cold the kids were getting out blue and dithering after minutes, location is in the middle of no where, a 20 minute taxi ride from albufera costing 12euros, there is a free bus provided by the hotel if you can get on it, book early to avoid disappointment! children's entertainment supposed to start at 8.30pm a little late in my opinion but we went one night and my 2 children said they were tired and wanted to go to back the room, the time was 9.10pm and still the
entertainment had not started!
Don't even get me started on the food, everyone we spoke to had gone out to eat as after 3 days of the same dishes for lunch and dinner day after day they couldn't face any more, my son went to get a scoop of ice cream and was told he couldn't have any until after 2.30, it's like how stupid to expect a nice ice cream by the pool mid day?! my daughter wanted a juice with her lunch and was told she would have to have fizzy drink as juice is for breakfast only,
snacks by pool is either a cheese or ham sandwich, slices of pizza no choice in topping or
A hot dog, if you are vegetarian don't go here, my hubby survived on chips and mayo all week. They put meat or fish in every dish.
I can't tell you how disappointed we were with this holiday we will not be returning here that's for sure, the worst all inclusive holiday we have had
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of the most exclusive touristic areas, near the famous beaches of Albufeira. With an exceptional view over the pine trees and the golf course, the Alpinus Hotel is the perfect place for holidays in the Algarve. Features 185 apartments and studios (128 one-bedroom apartments, 52 two-bedrooms apartments and 5 studios) comfortably furnished, all with balcony, equipped kitchen, bathroom, direct telephone, satellite TV, stereo system, air conditioning and safe. The hotel includes two pool areas for adults and children, buffet restaurant, bar, coffee shop, meeting and events room with support equipment, private parking and free Wi-Fi. LOCATION The Alpinus Hotel is located between the exclusive area of Vilamoura, with its Casino, Marina and some of the best golf courses in the Iberian Peninsula, and the cosmopolitan town of Albufeira, with a diversity of handicraft shops, restaurants, bars, clubs and the vibrant nightlife of the Algarve. 29 km from Faro Airport, 12 km from Vilamoura, 10 km from the historic center of Albufeira, 1.2 km from the Falesia beach and 200 m from the Pine Cliffs golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Alpinus Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna Alpinus Albufeira
- Luna Alpinus Hotel Albufeira
- Alpinus Albufeira
- Hotel Alpinus
- Alpinus Hotel Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal