We stayed here for 1 week, all inclusive. I would not rate this as a 4* hotel! Perhaps a 2/3*
The positives: 10 minute walk to a lovely beach (Falesia), hotel runs shuttle to albufeira, most of the staff were helpful. Hotel was kept clean.
Negatives: food wasn't great, imagine really cheap all-you-can-eat buffet, it was luke warm at best. Also, if you are vegetarian or coeliac, unless you want to eat only lettuce during your stay, then avoid all-inclusive at all cost!! Toilet blocked on first day and it took two calls to reception for them to sort it. Wifi is awful, basically expect no internet and you won't be disappointed! We paid extra for wifi in our room and it was worse than in the lobby - basically it didn't exist! Our 2 phones, laptop and kindle couldn't pick up the wifi. The safe (which, again, we paid extra for) opened of it's own accord on at least two occasions, although we reported this, they never turned up to look at it! Rooms were dated. NO adult entertainment at all. Cocktails (which were part of all-inclusive) came out of a machine and there was only 4 choices.
In summary, this is tolerable if you are likely to be out all day every day, but I would generally advise steer clear! If you do go, make sure you book things to do/see as you need to give 1-2 days notice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of the most exclusive touristic areas, near the famous beaches of Albufeira. With an exceptional view over the pine trees and the golf course, the Alpinus Hotel is the perfect place for holidays in the Algarve. Features 185 apartments and studios (128 one-bedroom apartments, 52 two-bedrooms apartments and 5 studios) comfortably furnished, all with balcony, equipped kitchen, bathroom, direct telephone, satellite TV, stereo system, air conditioning and safe. The hotel includes two pool areas for adults and children, buffet restaurant, bar, coffee shop, meeting and events room with support equipment, private parking and free Wi-Fi. LOCATION The Alpinus Hotel is located between the exclusive area of Vilamoura, with its Casino, Marina and some of the best golf courses in the Iberian Peninsula, and the cosmopolitan town of Albufeira, with a diversity of handicraft shops, restaurants, bars, clubs and the vibrant nightlife of the Algarve. 29 km from Faro Airport, 12 km from Vilamoura, 10 km from the historic center of Albufeira, 1.2 km from the Falesia beach and 200 m from the Pine Cliffs golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Alpinus Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna Alpinus Albufeira
- Luna Alpinus Hotel Albufeira
- Alpinus Albufeira
- Hotel Alpinus
- Alpinus Hotel Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal