Firstly, the Luna Alpinus is definitely worthy of the 4 stars it is rated. The lobby and reception area is huge, beautiful, clean and decorated tastefully. The outdoor swimming pool is also clean with enough sundecks, and also a pool for children. We stayed in a standard apartment room, which consisted of one large bedroom, a clean, spacious bathroom, a well maintained kitchen and a sitting room, which was basically one sofa and two armchairs around a coffee table and a tv on a cabinet. There was also a stereo, AC, a safe in the closet in the bedroom. The kitchen also had all the utensils one would need (again all very clean) and all electrical appliances were fully functional. There was also an ironing board and an iron in the cupboard near the front door. The view from our balcony was from the front of the hotel, therefore we were facing the road, which was very quiet and then an open field with well maintained trees, therefore a lot of greenery. We saw many people played golf in this area .In the distance there was another hotel situated. Very peaceful area.
Secondly, as the hotel is in a quiet area, it is around a one mile walk to the beach, which was enjoyable to us in the warm weather. Beach itself is beautiful, very blue water and fine white sand. Streets are quite narrow and some very hilly so be prepared for the uphill walk back to the hotel! As we were self-catering, it was fortunate that although the hotel is in a quiet area, there are a few shops around the corner. Some souvenir shops, a bank, a supermarket and a hairdressers. If walked further down the road, becomes more lively as more cars and people and more shops and restaurants.
Thirdly, there are regular minivans to the old town and strip from the hotel, which are free of charge. Hotel also administer excursion pamphlets if asked. We went on one excursion, which was to Lisbon. I think it is well worth going on this excursion as very enjoyable with wonderful sights. The tour guide took us to many famous monuments, and a museum, we went over the largest bridge in Europe and he dropped us off in the city centre where we could explore on our own.
Furthermore,staff are polite, albeit a little reserved, not overly-friendly, as i found out later on that most of the people are like in Portugal! Our receptionist, however was lovely, Sandra dos Santos Goncalves-Hi Sandra!! She gave us tips on where it is worth going and not going, which types of salespeople to avoid and generally making our stay more pleasant.
All in all, this hotel is luxury for the price we paid. Although it is in a peaceful spot, it is easy to travel to the beach and tourist attractions via the minivans. Must admit never saw any taxis near the hotel, though not a problem as never needed one. I do not have any complaints regarding this hotel, apart from the fact we had to carry our own luggage to and from the room! This could be due to the fact we went at an off-peak period. Enjoy your stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of the most exclusive touristic areas, near the famous beaches of Albufeira. With an exceptional view over the pine trees and the golf course, the Alpinus Hotel is the perfect place for holidays in the Algarve. Features 185 apartments and studios (128 one-bedroom apartments, 52 two-bedrooms apartments and 5 studios) comfortably furnished, all with balcony, equipped kitchen, bathroom, direct telephone, satellite TV, stereo system, air conditioning and safe. The hotel includes two pool areas for adults and children, buffet restaurant, bar, coffee shop, meeting and events room with support equipment, private parking and free Wi-Fi. LOCATION The Alpinus Hotel is located between the exclusive area of Vilamoura, with its Casino, Marina and some of the best golf courses in the Iberian Peninsula, and the cosmopolitan town of Albufeira, with a diversity of handicraft shops, restaurants, bars, clubs and the vibrant nightlife of the Algarve. 29 km from Faro Airport, 12 km from Vilamoura, 10 km from the historic center of Albufeira, 1.2 km from the Falesia beach and 200 m from the Pine Cliffs golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Alpinus Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna Alpinus Albufeira
- Luna Alpinus Hotel Albufeira
- Alpinus Albufeira
- Hotel Alpinus
- Alpinus Hotel Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal