Just spent a 5 day break at the alfamar.we were initially shown to what they call a studio.third floor no lift and what I would call a midden.some of these studios are rented to workers for7 euros a day.we refused to stop there and were told we could upgrade to a bungalow for an extra 100euros by a very rude manager .this we did and found the bungalow to be not much better.it had only two plug points,the one in the kitchen hanging off the wall.when I plugged in the kettle it tripped the electrics.the other plug point was under the bed and we had to use this one for everything.the rooms were also not clean and had a damp foisty smell.we didn't even hang our clothes in the wardrobe.i could go on but you get my drift.as the place has an albufeira address we thought it wouldn't be too far to town.wrong!! It's about 15 to 20 euros in a taxi,and there is not much locally.the only plus point for this location is the beach.absolutely gorgeous.sunbeds were 20 euros for a full day but most people just lay on towels .i am normally very positive in my reviews,but the alfamar was a real let down.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Hotel offers a 4-star complex with twin rooms and Suites. where you can spend your vacation, holidays and weekends with the kind ofcomfort you prefer. You can also enjoy our famous outdoor swimming pool located 20 meters from the beach if you want to freshen up after a fantastic day at the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Alfamar Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alfamar Beach And Sport Resort
- Alfamar Beach & Sport Hotel Albufeira
- Alfamar Beach Resort
- Alfamar Hotel Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal