“Does what it says on the tin!”
Review of Hotel Montechoro

Hotel Montechoro
Ranked #134 of 154 Hotels in Albufeira
London, United Kingdom
“Does what it says on the tin!”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Basic hotel, but great location. Close to strip (walking distance) but far enough away to be away from the noise. Supermarket also close by for snacks and drinks.

Room was cleaned everyday.

Free shuttle service to beach and old town.

Food (bed and breakfast) was reasonable, breads, cereals,hot food.

2 pools, one for kids, one for adults.

Great oriental restaurant within walking distance, recommended. Sushi fab!

Stayed here with my daughter and felt safe.

Be sure to be in main hotel, not the apartments (Clube 99 I think).

Late review, stayed July 2013

Room Tip: Pool view room high up.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank HomeisLDN
HotelMontechoro, Gerente de recepção at Hotel Montechoro, responded to this review, 7 May 2015
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing the Hotel Montechoro to spend your vacations in the Algarve. We really appreciated the review you posted on TripAdvisor. It is rewarding to receive positive feedback from our guests as our challenge is to do always better to provide the maximum comfort and memorable experiences to our Guests.

Looking forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you back shortly, we remain always at your disposal.

Kindest regards,

Ricardo Gonçalves

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Plenty of negative reviews but alas not this one, what a great weekend. 8th floor 180 degree sea views a huge clean room with a large balcony. Plenty of bars and sangria nearby and a great walk to the old town just take your trainers. Recommended...

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Sam K
HotelMontechoro, Gerente de recepção at Hotel Montechoro, responded to this review, 20 April 2015
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hotel Montechoro for your weekend and the feedback on TripAdvisor.

It was fantastic to know that you enjoyed our Hotel.
We will keep improving our services and will be a pleasure to have you with us soon.

Kind Regards
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Stayed here October 2013 with our golf society, First room had crisps over carpet and the beds were that small if you rolled over you would fall out, Moved into another room ,good sized beds this time . floors and carpets very sun-bleached but apart from that all seemed well. After returning from golf we turned on the a/c and went out, we had no air con upon return or for the rest of our stay , everyday we were promised it would be fixed in the end we gave up and closed the curtains and left the doors open , This hotel needs bulldozing !

Room Tip: Don't bother find a better hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Nigel D
Dear Guest

Your comments have been duly noted, and transmitted to our staff. Your experience does not correspond to the normal service given to our guests; housekeeping service is always a priority for us.
we apologize for the fault in the air conditioning.
Please be aware that the renovation plans for the bedrooms are already being prepared.
We look forward to your return visit.

Kind Regards
Ricardo Gonçalves

Travellers are raving about these Albufeira hotels

Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Don't bother. Very disappointed after our Sept 2013 visit. Not as described, very run down and didn't see any entertainment. The bar even shut early due to lack of visitors. Wouldn't bother with Low Cost Holidays either. Just past the buck, and in my opinion couldn't care less! Wouldn't use them again or the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays

2 Thank Terry Charles C
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 1 November 2013

1st of all the hotel is about 10 minute taxi ride to the old town and far from the beach. The hotel is dirty seems like the carpet hasn't been clean for decades. The toilet and sink very rusty, was scared to even brush my teeth. I have pretty bad allergies with dirt and molds, I got sick from staying here. The bedding is really old, had to cover the sheets. The bathroom towels were worn out. Oh the AC not enough to cool the room. I would suggest booking hotels closer to old town coz it's closer to the beach too.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Gracieluv143
Fraserburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2013

our holiday got off to a bad start after the travel agent booked us to a hotel for the wrong year,after a few phone calls to our agent we finally got booked into the montechoro where we were made very welcome.the hotel is in need of a refit but is still of good quality.we found the staff very helpful,our room was cleaned every day as was the towels changed,we stayed there from the 11th of september till the 25th and had no complaints.in fact we are looking forward to going back.that is twice we have holidayed in the algarve this year,we find the people very friendly and thinking of having a lot more holidays there.j.allan.fraserburgh.

Room Tip: take the 9th floor which is at the top,the view is as good as you will ever see.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Ireland
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Buy a lock for yoru suitcase !!!

I stayed one week in this hotel September 2013 and I was very dissappointed. First of all I want to tell you that I had to call the police to the hotel as my designer Hand Bag was robbed from my suitcase in my hotel. I know exactly what day it was taken also as when I was going to the pool that morning i took my wallet and phone out of it and when I went to get it that night to go out my bag was missing. I went down to the reception to complain and I was very shocked with the response from the receptionist - Her reply was - what do you want me to do, this happens all the time here !!!!! I couldnt belive her response, I said that answer is not acceptable, I told her my bag was very expensive and that I wanted to know what cleaner was in my hotel that morning... she told me I had to deal with the manager the next day. So the next day I spoke with the manager and he was no better, he just said he spoke to the accomodation manager and spoke to the girl who was cleaning my room and she denied taking it so said there was nothign he could do. As you can imagine - I was very annoyed as this bag was expensive and I had just purchased it 6 months ago while in Chicago !!! End result - I never got my bag back !!!

Next Negative Point - No Pool bar or music .... Pool Loungers very uncomfortable and old !!

Next Negative Point - No wifi reception in pool area or in bedroom - you can only get wifi at their main reception which is quite annoying ...

Next Negative Point - If you over the age of 25 - I weoudl advise you get a hotel in teh Old Town - as this hotel is located at the top of the strip - the Portugese have an age limit of 16 for drinking so the stip is very very young !!! The old town is where all teh nice restaurants and bars are ..

Only positive point is - hotel is clean and rooms are ok - but seriously if you are going to stay here - buy a lock for your suitcase adn when you are heading off to the pool leave all your jewlerry and nice clothes or bags - LOCKED in your suitcase ... obviously this hotel just employs anyone to work here and they do not take robbing from a hotel room seriously !!!

My advice - stay in another hotel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: If you are over 25 - stay in the Old Town - this is where all the nice restaurants are .. they also...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends