“great appartments, great price!”

Quinta Pedra dos Bicos
Ranked #38 of 152 Hotels in Albufeira
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Just back from a week here and couldnt be happier! lovely appartment, helpful, friendly staff and great location! paid for a studio appartment and got a 1bedroom appartment! Appartment was cleaned and beds made everyday and towels changed on day 4. Got there 4hours before check in and our room was ready and we were given the keys straight away. Would definately go back!

Room Tip: We were in 14L and it was very nice. Block 18 had its own pool
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Fiona M

Reviewed 20 December 2011

his whole complex is Hugh and looks impressive with little pool all over the place plus the main pool.
We were there just for 3 days in December but the staff were great and the location is perfect, 5 mins from the strip and 5 mins to the beach.
We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Any because they are all good
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ray B
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Very nice hotel for a more than reasonable price. Friendly staff. Luxery rooms, clean and comfortable. Very close to the beach and "the strip". We'll be back. Very nice sundeck on the upper floor.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank OdielGenkBelgium
Reviewed 21 November 2011

arrived late and check-in was still open and very helpful we stayed in block 18 which had a great seaview , apts basic although cleaned every day the nooks and crannies were needing attention.the complex is in a great position close to shops,bars and restaurants.the hotel restaurant serves fine fancy food at reasonable prices but dont expect a big plateful.
all in all a great value place and will definately try to get back asap.

Room Tip: book the four dinners for 50 euro great deal. try to get block 18 and a seaview
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ginswiggers
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Not a 4-star hotel!! Booked this hotel through booking.com whose description is totally inaccurate! "air conditioned apartments with free wi-fi" "satellite tv", I admit the apartment was tastefully furnished, clean and modern but the hotel lacked facilities you would expect from a 4-star hotel. Firstly the apartments did not have airconditioning or free wi-fi (wifi available in hotel for a charge and connection very slow) nor did they have satellite tv, we didnt have 1 english language channel! Hotel described as 200m from beach, we were positioned at least 500m from beach and it was accessed by ALOT of steps, im not lazy just travelling with 2 young children and it was difficult getting up and down. Also, we had a terrific view of rubbish bins and a car park, just the kinda things I was going on holiday to escape from! Absolutely no entertainment, leisure facilities or childrens activities whatsoever, definately not suitable for children, found the staff to be unhelpful, food not great, overall very disappointed with this hotel

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank blondieIreland
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Just back from Albufeira, stayed at Quinta Pedra, overall for price it was excellent, clean, decent appartment, maybe the bed isa bit hard, but yiu can't really go wrong.
The beach you can get to from the hotel, is Ok, but a bit rocky, go overr the cliff on the right as you arrive, bigger and beter beack although sunbeds are 15 euro for 2 .
Didndt really like the strip that much which id down the road aboy 600 yards
Go in to the old town using the "Verde" bus which costs 1.1 euro each, ask fro centro which is the bus station above the towm, better down there

OVerall nice hotel , great weather ,and nice holiday

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank greenarmy
Reviewed 27 September 2011

As per a number of recent reviews, I booked a one bedroom studio apartment only to find on arrival that all studio rooms were fully booked. Seems a bit odd in this day and age with everything computerised this error is happening on a quite few occasions.

On arrival I was told the only room left was a 2 bedroom apartment and it looked like the receptionist was trying to gauge my reaction to this news. It just seemed to me that if I had not given a dissapproving look I might have been asked to pay towards the cost as originally it was not an offer of upgrade, just notifying me of the only room available to see my response.

Then it became an offer but only for 1 night as the room was required the following day. A studio would be available the following day, Not really ideal having to move rooms after one day. Far from ideal having to plan part of the day around this but not the end of the world.

I was then asked to fill in a sheet giving all my details. It also requested that I write down all my credit card details including security numbers, I refused flatly to do this. It's completely unsafe and unsatisfactory to be asked to write down such details leaving anyone completely open to fraud.

The two bedroom apartment was pretty good. All rooms were spacious and all the furniture was funky/stylish rather than quality, I instantly noticed a 10" long tear in the faux leather suite.

It was bit concerning to see a couple of broken electrical sockets hanging off the wall, a few bare wires hanging from various parts of the roof and walls and the smoke detector was removed too.

The apartment seemed to have most things. Proper cooker, washing maching, coffee maker, blender, microwave, 32" LCD tv with freeview box etc etc. However there was no iron or iron board which I assumed might be there. Would have been very helpful.

The apartment had two balconies one facing the opposite direction to the other.

After coming home on the first night the stylish but cheap furniture came back to bite with severe embarrassment. Any slight chance of there being a "moment" was instantly killed when the slightest of pressure on the bed and the thing collapsed and we were on the floor!

Yes laugh away,

In all seriousness you could see firstly the bed had been repaired at least two times before. The wooden chassis of the bed had been broken before and new holes had been drilled after changing the chassis rails from side to side.The bed before it collapsed on us had a ceramic jar underneath the chassis to hold it up and the central steel pillar was completely unattached with all the mounts missing.

Luckily we had two beds and had the other to sleep on.

Reported the fault in the morning and spoke to a different receptionist about the change of room.

The other receptionist said that there was not a requirement for our 2 bedroom apartment and if we wanted, we could stay there which we would have been happy to do. It would have been better to say this on day one so we could unpack and get organised, However the other receptionist then overruled this decision and we were asked to move. All rooms were required we were told.

We were moved to a studio apartment, which to be honest I'd call a one bedroom apartment. It was not open plan and had a bedroom, kitchen, hall, bathroom and bathroom.

The room was clean and tidy but this room must have been the worst apartment over all the apartment blocks.

The apartment was at ground level so no balcony. It faced the car park so unlike most of the other ground floor one bedroom apartment around us, we could not just open the patio doors and sit at the table and chairs provided on the grass outside each apartment. So that was dissapointing enough.

Then worse to come. The following morning there was a lot of talking, bumping and banging. I assumed the cleaners were about to come in.

Turns out the cleaning cupboard was directly outside out apartment door in the same block. So all day everyday the cleaners were coming and going leaving us to not only put up with the noise, but a lack of privacy and that feeling that someone was about to walk in at anytime. We could hear everything so must have been likewise.

I find it very dissappointing that the cupboard is in such a location. Surely someone must realise the trouble this causes for the people next to this cleaning cupboard?

On top of that the cleaners kept using the fire extinguiser to hold open the main security door to our block all day. I found this very annoying too. With all the thefts reported around about Albuferia at the moment, the last thing you want to do is put yourself at further risk. With countless high value electrical items, money etc etc you have to do your best to keep things safe.

I removed the fire extinguser on a few occasions but the person/people using it were not slow in putting it back. Luckily nothing bad happened but leaving the main security door open I thought was unacceptable bearing in mind there is nobody around for long periods to see any breaking and entering.

The one bedroom apartment was nowhere near as good as the two bedroom apartment. It was still clean but everything was either older or of poorer quality.

It also had the smoke alarm removed.

It was self catering(although we had no intention of doing so) and there was not enough to do this, The cooker consisted of two hot rings and that was it. There was a microwave with a grill function.

The TV was now a 14" antique with few channels in this apartment and the double bed was two singles pulled together.

It was also a pain that only hand towels were left for arrival. Thought the cleaner would notice the next day after leaving the towels out. We had to ask the next again day for proper towels.

The pool area was fine. It was clean but there was a lack of sunbeds. It was not especially busy but it seemed the early birds were removing the sunbeds from around the pool and using them in the grass area a few yards away. This left huge gaps around about the pool with no sunbeds.

If people want to sunbathe on the grass, surely the obvious thing to do is put more sunbeds on the grass and not have the situation of a lot of the beds being removed to the grass from the pool and leaving the pool very short on sunbeds?

Another very basic oversight!

The private beach is firstly down a steep hill and then the best part of 100 stairs. It's not for people who lack mobility,The beach was clean enough but there was far more rocks at the waterline. The beach was better everywhere else. Not sure where the private bit comes in either as it seemed people were free to come and go as they pleased. There was no control over who came in and no signs to say customers only.

I'm sure the cafe at the private beach would require outside custom to survive.

The location is 5 minutes walk from the strip to the very bottom where Wild&Co is. So that is what many people are looking for.

Staff were also nice. All receptionists all spoke very strong English.

Due to to many problems that I have encountered, I can't find myself to give anymore that 2 stars. Just too many things were not good enough.

I can potentially see how these apartments could be good and sure many are, but from my personal experience I have to give a fair reflection of my stay.

All in all I doubt your stay would be a complete disaster here, but I'm struggling to be convinced that you might not have some issues,

I also for the life of me can't recommend Albuferia. Not as I expected and if you like a night out you might get caught out with the expense and lack of quality.

I will see if I can write a resort review as it's not fair to put it in with hotel/apartment reviews. Have a look in my profile.

Room Tip: Try to avoid ground floor apartments. One bedroom apartments not as good as larger rooms
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple