We arrived at the reception around 11am and had to wait until around 1am to get into the room! We were able to take a walk around the site and see what was on offer! The golf course is a good 10 minute walk away from the main reception area with a fairly straight forward 9 hole course! When we checked into the apt. we were greeted with 2 single beds! Immediately i went to reception to confirm we had booked a double - they were very abrupt to inform me that this is not an option and so we continued to dispute about this as it seemed there was no alternative! Eventually they suggested making the beds up as one, if only we had of come to that decision to begin with it wouldn't have left a sour taste in my mouth about the reception staff attitude to their guests!
Our room itself was perfect – kitchen, bathroom, 2 balconies, huge flat screen TV! We were able to make breakfast and lunch each day from our room! The site is so big that each little hub has its own pool area – which was never overcrowded and always manned! Each morning i watched the lifeguard clean the pool which was great to see!
The beech is on the other side of the raod and again another 10 minutes walk away - note there is a very short but steep hill to get to the beech which was tough enough for me to climb let alone an eldery person or a pram etc!!
The hotel offers a free taxi ride at 10am & 6pm into the Old Town of Albufiera – we used the later bus on 2 occasions but I it was more ideal for those to use who wanted to be picked up from the town after spending a day at the beech! It would be more ideal to have a bus service at 8pm given that there was often a que to wait on a taxi! This was the only negative for me – ordering a taxi to be collected from the hotel ... our minimum wait for a taxi was around 20 minutes – and out longest 45 minutes. This is not a great service but there was nothing we could do about it!
We had two lovely cleaners who visited our hotel room each day - they were very polite and did a great job too :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully landscaped gardens with pine, cork and almond trees are the prefect backdrop for your home in the sun, only 500 meters from the beach. Around the grounds you can enjoy 6 swimming pools, a health club with indoor pool, 4 tennis courts, restaurants and snack bars. A 9 hole executive golf course, golf academy (with resident pro), driving range with putting greens, practice bunkers and chipping areas complete the leisure facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Pierre & Vacances, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Balaia Golf Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balaia Golf Village Hotel Albufeira
- Balaia Hotel Village
- Balaia Hotel Albufeira
- Balaia Golf Village Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal