“Brilliant Holiday”

Ranked #96 of 163 Hotels in Albufeira
Bathgate, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

6 of us travelled there 27th April for a week, and we had a fantastic stay. The only downside was we looked out over the carpark, but not really and issue, as we did not go to sit in our apartments all day. The apartments were lovely, and the kitchens were equipped enough if you wanted to make any food. The rooms are spotless, and if you need anything the receptionist will make sure that you get it.

Highly recommended

Jenny Scotland

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jenny L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Finnish first
Rochester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

The apartment was fantastic, clean and spacious had a great holiday and will book again. i would recommend this to any one wishing to have a fantastic family holiday, ideal location for everything ...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays

5 Thank Carolann N
Scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

I spent a lot of time trawling through our hotel options before finally deciding on Luna Forte da Oura. I enjoyed my holiday, so I’m happy with my choice but I certainly feel this is not a 4* hotel and although my room had everything I needed, I haven’t left a fan of the hotel.

The first room we were given was on the ground floor. Luckily on arrival I had a nosey around before unpacking and soon uncovered a drawer in the kitchen infested with ants. We went straight back to reception to report it, expecting to be given ant spray. Instead we were given a new room on the 3rd floor. We inspected this as soon as we got in it and thankfully it was ant free. It also had a great balcony in the sun with a partial sea-view. We were thrilled!

The plus point of this hotel was its location. We were a 5 minute walk from the strip and less so from Estrada de Santa Eulalia where we spent more time. We walked to the Old Town in about 25-30 minutes and the beach was about 10 minutes away. We were also big fans of the balcony. Very spacious thanks to its circular shape and at this time of year with a garden view we had the sun from 1pm until sunset. The balcony comes with a clothes horse, table and 3 chairs. Unfortunately if you are pool facing you won’t get the sun as much.

We also liked the size of the room, which had everything we needed. There was plenty of storage and a safe was available via a lock from reception which was 15euros a week, alongside a 15euro deposit. The bathroom was a good size with a shower over the bath. The fittings were a little old but we were happy with the temperatures and the pressure. Make sure to bring plenty of toiletries though as the maid never replenished the sachets of gel/shampoo or the little soap bars.

The kitchen/lounge area was also very spacious. All we used were the glasses/plates and fridge so can’t comment too much on the kitchen but there were plenty of pots etc... a 2 ring hob and a microwave/grill. Only thing lacking for me was a wine glass, but I bought one for 1.50 in Intermarche supermarket (which incidentally was very good both in terms of cost and selection) minutes walk from the hotel on Estrada de Santa Eulalia.

The bedroom area was also fine, 2 single beds pushed into a double but both with bedside tables, a dresser and a luggage rack. There is also a remote controlled air con unit. With all the curtains closed the room got very dark and we had great long sleeps. It got a little noisy at the weekends, noise from the lobby seemed to echo into the room through the bathroom (vents?) – strange! Otherwise, we slept well.

The maid service was fine, although they didn’t come until 3:30 – 5pm which was often the time we were back in the room to freshen up so not ideal. Always friendly though, which can’t be said for the front desk staff who were a little hit and miss. The breakfast server was also very friendly.

Ah breakfast. This is where things go downhill. A lot. There were 4 hot options in the buffet – streaky bacon and beans were the constant. Good sausages were there maybe 5 mornings out of 9, the ones in my photo were there the other days and unfortunately for the hotel the day I took my camera to breakfast. One delightful day they had fried eggs, the other days it was scrambled eggs, as shown in the photo. Other options were rolls, ham and cheese, fruit, 2 types of cereal and bread to toast on a very small and very slow toasting device. Watery juice was also on offer and a hot drink machine which dispensed a very good hot chocolate which I blame partly for my holiday weight gain!

The hotel offers free wifi in the lobby, which is why the lobby is often filled with teenagers. This worked fine most of the time so no issues there. The hotel bar is small and didn’t tempt us at all. I can’t understand why the hotel is 4* when it offers no entertainment or information about its services. The pool is small, as it the area surrounding it for loungers. We didn’t sunbathe here as it didn’t look appealing.

So overall we were happy with the hotel as we liked the room and loved the balcony. We also liked the location and the only other hotel we would have preferred in the area is the Clube Praia da Oura across the street as it had better amenities for the same location. That is what we would rate as a 4* hotel!

Room Tip: Go for a garden/partial sea view room if you plan to spend time on the balcony
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank sanvegas489
hamilton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

I have never been in such a terrible hotel. The girl at the front desk was miserable and looked at you like this is it and tough luck. It wasn't worth asking a question, because some times they wouldn't acknowledge you till they realized you weren't going anywhere. It maybe they were so afraid of more complaints. I booked there because it was an efficiency and had parking. They did have a coffee maker and kettle. The Kettle had a whole which I burnt my hand on the steam. The only thing you can make was an egg, the pans were so small. The beds were well beyond there expiry date, Hard as rocks, lumpy. The couch was glued together. I don't like to complain but they will loose a lot of business if they don't up date the place. Getting some new front staff may help. I must say the young fellow in the restaurant in the morning was wonderful.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank stubby_lisa

Travellers are raving about these Albufeira hotels

Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Location of the hotel was very good myself my husband, my sister in law, husband and three kids booked a room each for one night as we had to leave our villa the day before our flight. My first impression of the hotel in the reception area was that it was nice however the at attitude of the female at reception was very very rude. She gave my sister in law a hard time because she did not print off her hotel confirmation even though she had a list in front of her with their names on it. Eventually we were told that our rooms would not be ready until 2 and that we should come back then. When we came back at 2 we were told that there was a problem with the studio apartment that my sister in law booked for their family of 5 and that they could give her two rooms next to each other. It was explained that we would not feel comfy with this and asked why the room that was booked is not available the response was it doesn't matter have the room!!! When myself and my husband went into our room we were met by a horrible smell which was like smelly feet. The room was a great size but needed upgraded. During the night until we left at 5 in the morning the hotel was very loud this was due to other guests. When it was time to check out the man on reception lifted his head put his hand out to get the key then put his head down again he did not say one word to us which I found to be extremely rude. Thank god we only stayed one night I couldn't have lasted another.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Michelle T
Bellshill, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Just stayed 4 nights at Luna and was disappointed after staying in club pria de oura across the road last year I thought this 4 star would be even better but far from it rooms not exactly clean ,wifi is garbage , lacks atmosphere my room was crawling with ants all over kitchen area I'd give it a poor 3/10

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank David A
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

perfect location and the rooms were lovely (we stayed in 4 bedroom apartments). only issue was the staff, for it being a 4* hotel they were pretty slow and the man who was on reception at night time was rude.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends