“Holiday”

Muthu Forte da Oura
Ranked #87 of 154 Hotels in Albufeira
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Ideal location apartment bad layout booked as a two bedroom but only got one bedroom as they are only studio and one bedroom apartments in complex pool great in the morning but when 2 o'clock turns it comes alive with 17 to 21 year olds drinking alcohol in pool and leaving glasses and bottles by poolside children playground only has one slide and a broken swing.
Needed to ask for bed linen and towels as not enough provided for family of six also shower area provided for late departure guests needs serious makeover courtesy shuttle bus not working and no notice showing . Urinal in gents toilet in reception area out of order for full week. While we really enjoyed our holiday these apartments need serious upgrading to match four star standard

Stayed: August 2014
8  Thank Eugene H

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I came on holiday with 2 friends and this hotel is perfect! A 2 min walk from the strip and all night life therefore we spent no money on taxi's and saved a lot of money! The hotel has a great atmosphere especially by the pool it's all really nice and jolly! A perfect stay for a friends holiday and also a good stay for family there were many families at the time of our stay. Everything you could need is within walking distance the supermarket, beach and some really nice cheap resturants! The staff are also very friendly and I would definitely say it's a excellent value for money! It most definitely beat out expectations! An amazing holiday and a great hotel :) would deffo stay here again :) I do recommend!

• Stayed: August 2014
6  Thank Nainasharda0121
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 10 days July/August 2014. The hotel is ideally located, 2 minute walk to the Strip, very close to the beach and very close to a large supermarket and shops. Our room was very clean and comfortable, had all the usual - fridge with small freezer compartment, microwave, hob, toaster and kettle. They advertise as a 1 bedroom apartment but it is really one large room partitioned which we found suited us perfectly as we have 2 young children. Our first night stay was interrupted by some very noisy, drunk German teenagers that were staying next door. The noise continued on until the early hours. We did complain at reception and the noise levels improved slightly .Second night was o.k. but the 3rd night was a nightmare. They were throwing what sounded like furniture off the balcony, screaming and playing very loud music. Our children were very frightened by the loud noises. I again complained to a young lady at reception who eventually called security. Thankfully they were thrown out of the hotel and were gone by the next morning and the remainder of our stay was very enjoyable. The receptionist did explain that the hotel was recently taken over by new owners and they would not be allowing those people (any noisy lads!) to stay again. She explained that all the bookings that were in place before their takeover had to be honoured but they would ask anyone to leave that was causing any upset or trouble.

The staff were most friendly and helpful. Alberto the receptionist was one of the most helpful and friendliest people you could hope to meet. He always has a very big smile and was very good with children. Our maid Rosario was also very polite, helpful and did a great job!

There is free wi-fi available at the reception area only.

I would have no problem staying at this hotel again, even after the noise we put up with as I felt they did a good job in dealing with the issue promptly. I would also gladly recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Karen M
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This hotel is in a fantastic position with sea views. It is convenient for all the local amenities in the Santa Eulalia area of Albufeira and the staff couldn't be more friendly, helpful and efficient.

The rooms are simply furnished but comfortable, and are cleaned daily. They are also very warm during the winter months. The Reception area is a popular place for guests to meet each other.

Room Tip: The 1 bedroom apartments on the 4th floor are the largest and have the best overall views.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

The first question is where to start about this hotel.

I write this after only two days and nights at the Forte de Aura and therefore have the majority of the holiday, with my partner and three teenage girls, in front of me. Aghhhhhhh.

The plus points are that it is ideally located if you want to walk to the strip for a lively night out or call in at one of the local bars and restaurants for breakfast and lunch, which are less than 50 meters from the front door.

The beach is only a short walk away and a free hotel shuttle service will take you into the old town.

The rooms are clean and spacious. The kitchen provides the facility to have cold drinks on tap and make snacks if needed rather than using the hotel restaurants and bar. The pool area is ok. Too much concrete for my liking but adequate.

I would like to end the review here and say that we are having a great holiday but that is difficult when between the five of us we have had only a few hours sleep.

I feel like I have been transported into an 18-30 holiday with the emphasis on the 18-20 age group. We are on the first floor of the hotel an are surrounded by loud music, singing , shouting and general anti social behaviour into the early hours of the morning. I am talking 7am not just the average 2/3 am. On the plus side the pool is quiet until the afternoon as most of them are still in bed.

Now I know what you are thinking. Typical middle aged bloke moaning about loud music and not letting kids have a good time. Well our kids are moaning more than we are and they are 13 16 and 17.

We have spoken to the reception staff and I can sympathise with them as the hotel management have done a deal with what we assume to be Dutch collages to supply reduced rate holidays for their students. They have to pay a 100 euro deposit which they loose if they misbehave and then get kicked out if they don't behave. All I can say is that they must be collecting a lot of 100 euros. I did suggest to the hotel that they should pass it on to the rest of the poor guests but that fell on deaf ears.

In summary therefore if you are aged between 18 and 20 years old, like to sleep all day and drink and sing and have sex all night then this hotel is for you. Alternatively if like me you want to relax on your annual holiday and have some sleep and relax round the pool and not have footballs flying round your ears then avoid it at all costs.

If they can keep the kids out then it could be a good hotel but in the mean time it's a nightmare.

Stayed: July 2014
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed here for 2 weeks from the 9th June and I was so disappointed. I was in 3 different rooms for the first 3 nights due to so many different issues in each room. But the biggest issue was how dirty each room was, from dirty sheets on arrival, mould in the aircon with dead creatures blowing out of it, slime and mould around the bath if only I could post pictures on this I think you would gag. This hotel is most definitely not a 4star and I'm so glad my holiday is over. Never would be back or recommend this place.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank lo5789
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Have stayed here a four times over the years and never had a problem.

It was taken over by the MGM Group at the start of June.This group also own the two hotels next to the Forte Da Oura,Club Praia DaOura and Oura Praia Hotel as well as The Forte Do Vale down the road.

The staff were all friendly,rooms were cleaned every day and location is great for The Strip.

The rooms are basic and in need of a upgrade and that could possibly happen now it's been taken over.
It was not really a problem for us as we are out most of the time.
Free wifi at reception also handy.

Next year we'll be trying The Tropical Sol simply because it's closer to the old town as we seem to be spending most of our time through there now,otherwise it would have been the Forte Da Oura for the fifth year on the trot.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple