We spent 10nts at Ponta Grande, it was a fantastic break, so relaxing everything is so chilled. It was approx 4-5 Euros in a taxi to the Old Town and approx 6-7 Euros to the New Town. You have the best of both worlds within minutes drive. the Old Town has some lovely restaurants positioned around the square where you can watch the street entertainment. The new town is the place to go if you want a busy night in the Strip, although there are some busy bars in the Old Town also. Recommend Bravos in Old Town (downstairs is best) There are lots of cheaper restaurants in the streets leading off from the square which are worth a visit. Ponta Grande is a small piece of paradise, a beautiful place to relax & unwind with everything you need from your holiday to hand. The beach is a 10 minute walk away which was beautiful, you can get a taxi to the Old Town for the larger beach & water sports. Or turn right from the driveway and walk approx 15 minutes to a small cove. The pool was lovely and has a children's pool, plenty of sunloungers & umbrellas. Only grumble is they could do with new sunloungers. The staff are wonderful, happy & smiling, very attentive & friendly. Service is excellent & very prompt. we ate a number of times at PG and were very happy. There is a good choice for breakfast, cereals, yoghurts, english breakfast, continental, fruit platters etc. The villa itself is very spacious with a huge balcony, we had a fantastic pool view (35) spotlessly clean and plenty of wardrobe space, very comfortable beds & sofas. There is a family bathroom & shower room, large well equipped kitchen. The decor is nice & bright which put a smile on our face every morning. I would highly recommend Ponta Grande to anyone and shall be returning in the near future. Booked via alpharooms.com
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within walking distance of Albufeira's marina, this 4-star resort offers luxury rooms and villas in a garden setting. It features an outdoor pool, tennis court and Albufeira views. Guests of the Ponta Grande Resort can soak up the sun on the terrace as they watch their children in the playground. The Ponta offers bright and air-conditioned accommodation. There are also self-catering villas that come with a fully equipped kitchen and a balcony with panoramic views. A grocery store is available inside the resort. If guests prefer, they can also visit the restaurant, which serves á la carte international cuisine. The Grande Resort is less than 1 km from the Atlantic Ocean. Guests arriving by car have free private on-site parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Otel, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ponta Grande Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ponta Grande Hotel Albufeira
- Ponta Grande Resort Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal