This place is a mixed bag but mostly I would say it does not deliver. Very understaffed and no real customer service. It is quite remote from the main action in Old Town or the strip so u definetly need transport. God forbid you would ask them to to book u a taxi...if i hear 'none avaialble' one more time!!! Does not give that area a good chnace at tourism as no-one wants to feel stranded with no way of getiing in to the main restuarants or bars. They did ot even have any bus timetables but just walk down to VS hotel (100 meters) and they couldnt be nicer. I would give this place a wide berth...talked to a few other tourists there and they expressed similar frustrations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within walking distance of Albufeira's marina, this 4-star resort offers luxury rooms and villas in a garden setting. It features an outdoor pool, tennis court and Albufeira views. Guests of the Ponta Grande Resort can soak up the sun on the terrace as they watch their children in the playground. The Ponta offers bright and air-conditioned accommodation. There are also self-catering villas that come with a fully equipped kitchen and a balcony with panoramic views. A grocery store is available inside the resort. If guests prefer, they can also visit the restaurant, which serves á la carte international cuisine. The Grande Resort is less than 1 km from the Atlantic Ocean. Guests arriving by car have free private on-site parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ponta Grande Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ponta Grande Hotel Albufeira
- Ponta Grande Resort Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal