Hi all, i just thought that i would leave my opinions on Ponta Grande. I went with my wife and 3 year old for our second visit there in May. In a nut shell, We love it! Its biggest plus for us is the quiet location and the safety aspect for our child. We found that it felt like a lovely little village, where you could mix easily with the neighbours, or have complete privacy if that is your preffered option. We stayed in number 26 on both occasions and it was more than we could have expected. Very spacious, well kitted out, clean and we felt at home there very quickly indeed.
The resort is also very well kept. The main pool is a very adequate size although my little one rarely let me out of the kids pool. There is a restaraunt in the resort which is perfect for lunch or grabbing a pizza, but we did not think much of the evening meals. There are other local restaraunts where you will find fantastic meals, especially if you are a fan of sea food. The prices are very much on a par with back home.
It is a short walk down to the beach and it is one of the most fantastic beaches i have ever seen. The only small criticism i would have is my little one was getting annoyed at the fact she could not make a sand castle as the sand just does not stick together for some reason, so we resorted to digging holes instead.
The local mini-markets are adequately stocked but quite expensive. It is well worth your while taking the short taxi ride into town and sourcing your supplies. There is a Lidl just on the outskirts but i would highly recommend the Modelo just a little further on. Lots of fresh food and huge selection.
I would not recommend Ponta Grande for anyone seeking the party scene as you won't find that here but if its a quiet relaxing holiday with your partner or family its hard to beat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within walking distance of Albufeira's marina, this 4-star resort offers luxury rooms and villas in a garden setting. It features an outdoor pool, tennis court and Albufeira views. Guests of the Ponta Grande Resort can soak up the sun on the terrace as they watch their children in the playground. The Ponta offers bright and air-conditioned accommodation. There are also self-catering villas that come with a fully equipped kitchen and a balcony with panoramic views. A grocery store is available inside the resort. If guests prefer, they can also visit the restaurant, which serves á la carte international cuisine. The Grande Resort is less than 1 km from the Atlantic Ocean. Guests arriving by car have free private on-site parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Ponta Grande Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ponta Grande Hotel Albufeira
- Ponta Grande Resort Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal