Stayed during Easter with 2 young children. The accommodation in the s blocks was very good and the kids loved it, my wide was especially happy with the wardrobe space. The beach was fantastic although the weather was a little inclement and made it hard with the kids but I imagine in summer it would be amazing. The resort is very relaxing and we stayed on site for the the whole week - it takes a little walking around if you do not have a car but I enjoyed the setting and it was good to walk off the any excess.
Kids activities looked pretty good although we spent a lot of time in the porta pirata area and it is becoming tired and needs seeing too e.g mini golf surface not great, a very worrying health and safety issue with the kids pool (part of black paving was broken and both our children injured themselves on it), bikes and scooters in the playground were getting tired.
Pool areas were good and well attended for service.
The food was a bit of a shocker and I say this with a background in running a gastro pub group so I may be a little picky but I make no apologies. The breakfast was poor, lots of choice yes but bacon cold all the time, sausages part cooked, boiled runny yolk eggs are non existent unless you are first there, pancakes very heavy and just wrong - the rack rate for this is 20 euro and it is sub standard to an average 3 star in uk.
The dinner experiences we had were very poor in the o grill and ok in the piri piri , the later seems to be better value for Money possibly due to it being available to the public without having to enter the resort. At the o grill the risotto was sloppy and over priced. We also had several very poor experiences with kids food - I will never undertstand why any restaurant just charges one price for kids up to the age of 11 when the eating capacity of a 2 year old to an 11 year old vary so much. Kids meals were about 8 pounds and the quality was poor every time. The cream of the crop was the 9 pounds I paid for nachos with cheese which were abject at best. Please please sort your food quality and pricing out and I am sure you will convince more people to eat more. The only salvation for the food is that they have little immediate competition although I would recommend pizza at the Italian just outside the resort and the Chinese is not very good but I promise an experience which will keep you amused well beyond your holiday.
Apologies for the food rant as place is very relaxing and we would go again but we would think about where to eat very hard.
The on resort shuttle service was superb and acted as a regular taxi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the renowned Pine Cliffs Resort, Pine Cliffs Residence (Voted Portugal's Leading Family Resort) offers its guest the privacy two or three bedroom residence suites abundantly equipped with all modern day appliances and comfort with breathtaking views over the scenic golf course. This exclusive resort provides an array of activities for all ages, including world-class golf course, five tennis courts and swimming pools, spa treatments, kids' club and private access to the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Starwood EMEA, Ebookers, Priceline, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pine Cliffs Residence, a Luxury Collection Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pine Cliffs Residence Hotel Albufeira
- Pine Cliffs Residence, a Luxury Collection Resort Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal