We've just returned from Pine Cliffs resort where we spent 10 fantastic days. The resort is absolutely stunning, the grounds are beautiful, the beach is mind blowing, a great variety of restaurants and activities to engage, excellent tennis courts and a golf club. The staff were very helpful, polite and professional. I wouldn't want to repeat all the things shared by others but instead would like to add some information which is unfortunately missing. It was our first family holiday (our baby daughter has just turned 1 year) and therefore we did lots of research and spent lots of time reading the travel reviews. In the end we agreed on Pine Cliffs, Albufeira, as the resort seemed to meet all our requirements. We rented a townhouse as I still have to cook for the baby. For this reason I packed a mixer, blender, etc, but really didn't need to bother as in terms of kitchen appliances there was everything we needed - pans, juice maker, and even a mixer - which allowed me to make fresh food for the baby every day. After a year of babysitting we really wanted to try and spend some time together so we took advantage of the Hotel Kids Club 'Porta Pirata'. I must say that this was the best decision we had made - the staff were superb - well trained, very skilled and friendly, engaging kids in various activities, sharing your child progress, readily fulfilling any extra requirements you might have (in terms of food, sleep, etc.). Our baby spent 8 half days and 2 full days there, and every time we picked her from the nursery she was shining with joy! So I would like to say a huge thank you to all Porta Pirata ladies, who made our stay so much more enjoyable and let us feel like a couple again! One more thing I would like to mention is the hotel Tennis academy - the tennis instructors were great, very friendly, engaging and skilled, they care for people of all age groups and abilities and I must say that in 10 days (we took a lesson every day) they made a huge difference to our game, we are extremely pleased with the progress we made. A huge 'thank you' to Brit who coached us both and whose lessons we were looking forward to every day! There is one more thing I would not want to miss mentioning - the restaurant 'Willie's' located in Vilamoura which is 15-20 min drive from Pine Cliffs. We had an absolutely amazing night out at this place! The best quality food, superbly prepared, combined with the elegant atmosphere and highly experienced and discreet staff! All the dishes (we both had a starter, a main and a dessert + petite four) were excellent! I was extremely puzzled and disappointed to have found that it's rated 40th in Algarve! In my opinion, it's a must place to go to if you appreciate gourmet food and refined but very cosy and friendly atmosphere! Some mentioned that the restaurant is on a pricey side, though I'd argue. Having had a bottle of French champagne and an outstanding three meal dinner accompanied by very well selected wines, we paid £220. It is a bit pricier than the others, but the quality is incomparable (and we tried a few). Besides, you would pay a double in a Michelin Star restaurant in London. Our only regret was that we discovered this place 2 days before our departure and didn't have a chance to come back!
Normally we never go to the same hotels twice but prefer discovering new places instead. In this case we'd certainly be coming back to Pine Cliffs as the resort met and exceeded all our expectations!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the renowned Pine Cliffs Resort, Pine Cliffs Residence (Voted Portugal's Leading Family Resort) offers its guest the privacy two or three bedroom residence suites abundantly equipped with all modern day appliances and comfort with breathtaking views over the scenic golf course. This exclusive resort provides an array of activities for all ages, including world-class golf course, five tennis courts and swimming pools, spa treatments, kids' club and private access to the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LateRooms, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Pine Cliffs Residence, a Luxury Collection Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pine Cliffs Residence Hotel Albufeira
- Pine Cliffs Residence, a Luxury Collection Resort Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal