Travelled as a family with 2 kids of 6 & 4. This is our second visit as the Residences and Grounds are spacious and beautifully kept plus it's so useful to have the option of preparing your own food especially with young kids.
My main problem with this place is that it coasts on the fact that it has great facilities and whilst many of the waiting staff are charming and helpful the overall permeating ethos is graceless and money grabbing:
On our first stay, I checked my kids in to 5 mornings at the kids club and after one session they decided they didn't want to go back, I cancelled all the sessions in person when I picked them up. However, I was still charged for one session which I didn't realise til I had left. When I rang up and disputed this, I was told they had checked with the kids club who insisted I had not cancelled all the sessions(!) and from that moment on failed to return my calls. However, I still went back, there are problems with service when the Residences are at full capacity, reception staff are particularly unhelpful and sometimes misleading, food is at best fine but not outstanding. The half board buffet at 40€ a head is appalling value - unimaginative and sub-standard, especially when you consider that had one paid for it in advance and then chose to eat in an a la carte restaurant you would only receive 37€ towards the cost of that meal- who worked out the maths of that?
My departure flight was late so I asked for a late check out, by now the hotel was far from full and In any other 5* establishment would have been granted, here I was treated as an inconvenience, told 'maybe', then 'no', then 'yes'. The last 2 responses given within the space of 10 minutes strongly suggesting there were in fact no new guests checking into my room and I was charged 15€ per hour for each hour beyond 11am whilst my friends who checked out at 1pm were not charged anything extra. Inconsistent and unprofessional, to say the least.
One feels they don't really care about returning guests as there will always be a fresh batch of parents grateful for the serviced appts in hotel grounds with kid club vibe. Would I go back? Not if I could help it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the renowned Pine Cliffs Resort, Pine Cliffs Residence (Voted Portugal's Leading Family Resort) offers its guest the privacy two or three bedroom residence suites abundantly equipped with all modern day appliances and comfort with breathtaking views over the scenic golf course. This exclusive resort provides an array of activities for all ages, including world-class golf course, five tennis courts and swimming pools, spa treatments, kids' club and private access to the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Pine Cliffs Residence, a Luxury Collection Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pine Cliffs Residence Hotel Albufeira
- Pine Cliffs Residence, a Luxury Collection Resort Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal