We stayed 4 nights in a 2 bedroom apartment with our small kids, with a breakfast included package. Spacious, clean and well maintained room with exceptional maid service. Pine Cliffs and the Sheraton Algarve share the same grounds, up on a cliff overlooking the beach. The beach entrance is next to the hotel, but that's only a few minutes walk from the Pine Cliffs Apartments. Beach is very pretty, at the base of beautiful cliffs, although the beach itself is rather short. Resort didn't seem crowded and we never had trouble getting chairs or umbrellas at the beach or the pool. The pool at the Pine Cliffs is quite good for kids given it has a huge and gently sloping shallow end, plus the typical toddlers pool. We ate most breakfasts and dinners at O Grill, where there was a buffet. Kids always found something they liked, and we the parents ate well, although the price was pretty staggering. Kids club was fine but not great. Counselors were lovely and the kids had a few activities they enjoyed, but there seemed to be more TV watching than we would have liked. There's a wading pool at the kids club but they didn't use it while we were there, which is a shame. Overall, the staff was very friendly and responsive. The facilities are really well taken care of. We played tennis, and the courts are great, both hard courts and real, red clay. The fitness center is pretty good as these types of places go. It was exceptionally clean, the equipment was in great shape and my wife and I were the only ones using it during our stay. The whole resort is very walkable. We appreciated the nice touch that there was a chilled bottle of sparkling wine waiting for us. The one disappointing thing was that the single heated pool didn't seem to be heated at all, and given how cold the ocean and other pools were during this last week of May, that was a significant disappointment. Overall, I recommend if you are okay with the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the renowned Pine Cliffs Resort, Pine Cliffs Residence (Voted Portugal's Leading Family Resort) offers its guest the privacy two or three bedroom residence suites abundantly equipped with all modern day appliances and comfort with breathtaking views over the scenic golf course. This exclusive resort provides an array of activities for all ages, including world-class golf course, five tennis courts and swimming pools, spa treatments, kids' club and private access to the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pine Cliffs Residence, a Luxury Collection Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pine Cliffs Residence Hotel Albufeira
- Pine Cliffs Residence, a Luxury Collection Resort Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal