“Fab holiday”

Hotel Apartamento Balaia Atlantico
Ranked #90 of 154 Hotels in Albufeira
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 10 nights at the beginning of October and had a great time. Hotel rooms were really nice and clean and very spacious which was good with having a 2 year old daughter running round. Hotel staff were really friendly and helpfull. We went allinclusive and were really worried about the food after reading the reviews on here but needn't have, we thought the food was really good, plenty of choice and everything we had we really enjoyed...the pastries at breakfast were delicious. The gym was well equipped and did a good selection of classes too. We did hire a car which I am glad of because the hotel was a bit out of the way so we were able to get around when we wanted to instead of relying on the bus and using money on taxis. The pool was nice and clean but absolutely freezing, our daughter wouldn't go in it and we only went in a couple of times. We would defiantly return to the hotel we had a fantastic time and really enjoyed our stay at the balaia atlantico.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank ZRH2013
There are newer reviews for Hotel Apartamento Balaia Atlantico

Reviewed 16 October 2013

I have just returned from this hotel (and I mean within a couple of hours of landing) and I am writing a realistic report.
I booked this hotel for a 4 night break for myself and my friend we go once a year on a treat and this year it was Portugal, having read mixed reviews on here I thought that it sounded a little hit and miss so here goes with my views on this hotel:-
Room was clean and comfortable with plenty of room, fresh towels, clean bed linen and a lovely well equipped apartment.
It had a kitchen and a bathroom which was really nice for two ladies getting ready of an evening two basins and two mirrors (bliss) it was spotlessly clean.
The bedroom was large enough for us to share without tripping over each other and the living room was lovely, air con worked well and the balcony overlooked the pool which is a bonus.
The hotel lobby furniture looked a little tired but hey thats being picky now even by my standards.
It had a great pool indoor and out, a jacuzzi (we could not get it to work but not bothered) a poolside bar with friendly staff plenty to keep you happy crazy golf etc tennis.
There is a well equipped gym, massage parlour, hairdressers etc
The restaurant has a great view and you are waited on for your breakfast, our beans were a little cold on the english breakfast so we only had them once but it was very nice, coffee, toast, croissants and jams, yogurts, cheeses, ham fresh fruit in abundance. Friendly pleasant waiter who did not hurry us out, the view from this restaurant is awesome with the atlantic in the far distance.
As I had read that this hotel was remote I need not have worried it has its own shuttle bus which takes you into Albufeira daily (not sunday we all need a rest on sundays) however two sharing a taxi fare of 4 euros cant complain. The bus driver is friendly and helpful.
Albufeira is awesome (see my review on the restaurant for an even better experience of delicious food with lovely staff and a view of the ocean).
What we paid was cheap as chips we would have paid far more for a show in London with accommodation.
The cleaner came every day, the TV was fine aircon worked well, and I cant really fault it!
I can honestly say that I did not smell sewerage, and it was well cleaned (and I am well picky).
Well done to all the staff who made phone calls for me to the transfers company and for any information we needed.
To the Waiter in the Panoramico Restaurant for being polite and efficient and not hurrying us even though we were the only two remaining in there.
The sunbeds are good as well not cheapy plastic things either.
Would I go back the answer is YES I would.
PS
I am always honest in my reviews and I have done a fair few on here so I hope this helps you decide.

Restaurant Review is:- Cais Velho, Albufeira

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
16  Thank Julie G
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Rooms very basic and out dated. Was very dissapoibted after reading some good reviews here, bathroom STUNK of sewerage and was filthy (hairs & dead moths ). Staff friendly especially the barman. I feel we must have been put in a separate complex to the one that revivers such good reviews because we were totally dissapoibted

1  Thank Louise1401
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Just got back today, lovely rooms and really nice pool, food isnt great but certainly not bad, taxi ride is needed to get into the town as its off the beaten track, no shop on site. Has lovely views, I would return here no problems, really good holiday for what we paid!!!

4  Thank maisiejake
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Hotel was really nice.. Big spacious rooms with everything you need for self catering..
Pool and jaccuzzi was great..
Bit of a walk from the strip but there is a shuttle bus free that goes from the hotel to the main centres.. & if you like to walk then its about half an hour walk to the strip of bars...
Hotel staff were good for nothing..

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank iiSHii
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I read the reviews and was undecided to book or not. im in the hotel as i write this. staff are very friendly and helpful. courtesy bus always full as there isn't a bus stop within two miles of the hotel. Pool area clean. rooms very spacious with excellent air con.
FOOD!!!!!!! AWFUL. so far at night i haven't had a meal that is hot. last night several couples asked for their soup to be microwaved at 7pm when they had just opened. It's such a shame as if they got the food right it would make all the difference to our holiday.

1  Thank bobbytg63
Reviewed 23 August 2013

miles from anywhere, if you are self-catering ask the driver from the airport to stop at a shop (joke). 4 out of 7 days there was no free bus due to public holiday and weekend, taxi to beach, taxi to shop, taxi to eat at night, average wait on taxi is 40 mins. when we did use the bus we had a very grumpy driver, derelict houses behind the hotel, very dodgy at night, corridor lights are not lit until 10pm, breakfast at 17 euro for two was cold, no shop on sight to buy essentials, cant even get a daily paper unless of course you get a taxi! very poor show from jet2.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple