Hi there we stayed at the hotel 22nd October - 29th so have just got back. We were a bit aprehensive about the hotel after reading the reviews, but for a cheap off season deal we couldnt say no!
The hotel is about 35 minutes away from the airport we took a taxi which roughly cost us 40euros. When we arrived at the hotel we were delighted, the check in was quick and easy. We were given our room keys straight away with a welcome pack that included all the information we needed, including shuttle times etc.
The rooms were fantastic, I dont think the photos on the website did them justice, very spacious with everything needed to self cater. Large balconys with a view of the pool. TV with at least 4 english channels.
And a bathroom with a bathtub!!
The rooms were clean and the maid came in daily to maintain it, replacing our towels and making the bed daily.
The facilities at the hotel are really good, there is a large outdoor pool as well as small childrens pool and outdoor jacuzzi. inside there is an indoor pool. jacuzzi and steam room.
THe staff at the hotel were friendly and helpful.
The shuttle is free and goes to 4 different locations mon-fri 4 times a day - most useful.
The only negatives about the hotel, the food was expensive 17.50 euros for the buffet style dinner which was limited (however we did go off season) drinks were expensive also.
The hotel is out of the way of anything, expect to get a taxi ride in the evening and on weekends but make the most of the shuttle!
Finally if you are going to stay at this hotel I reccomend you visit the 'marina vilamora' and the 'slide and splash' water park (best in europe)
hope the review is helpful to people i would deffinately stay at this hotel again good 4star hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Balaia Atlantico is a natural oasis surrounded by the unique beauty and contrasts of the Algarve countryside, among the over 3 km of sandy beaches and crystal clear waters. Located on the outskirts of Albufeira, surrounded by magnificent forests of olive trees and lush citrus tree plantations, it offers spectacular ocean views from any of its 139 apartments. The use of some services such as Fitness Centre, Games Camps has an additional cost. The use of swimming cap in the indoor pool is mandatory. Customers can buy caps at € 4.50 / each at the front desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Onthebeach, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Apartamento Balaia Atlantico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartamento Balaia Atlantico Albufeira
- Apartamento Balaia Atlantico Hotel
- Balaia Atlantico Hotel
- Balaia Atlantico Aparthotel
- Hotel Apartamento Balaia Atlantico Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal