We stayed here for one week and it was the perfect base camp for Albufeira. The Marina with some nice bars and restaurants is on your doorstop for boat tours, footy, karting, quad hire and more. It's a 15-20 minute walk along the shore road into the old town but very scenic, great for exercise and walking off the big meals.
The apartments are very nice and colourful with an amazing pool, we had a ground floor studio apartment which was a decent size inside and clean with almost everything you need. The only gripes were the bed being a sofa-bed which wasn't comfy, more pillows too please, and we paid extra for a room with a pool view when booking but never got this despite it being the end of the season.
The red bus tour stops by outside and taxi's and buses are plentiful but you do have to walk round the long way through the car park to get in if you're arriving home walking after midnight. We also got dropped off at the wrong reception on arrival which is common apparently so head for Garvetur on the main road through the complex if you're looking for it although this will depend on how you booked.
Overall a lovely complex and pool with handy amenities including small shops but the supermarket is a little further past Castelo do Mar and up the hill behind it if you want a bigger shopping with Aldi/Lidl a taxi or bus/taxi or long walk away. Our apartment was only cleaned once while we were there, a few more things in the kitchen like washing up liquid would have been good.
A few friendly local cats live there and the local lads play football some evenings, fun to watch at the Marina astro-turf pitch after watching football at a Marina bar! If you want a good cheap and clean place to stay that's peaceful at night and don't mind the walk into town then it's highly recommended.
Albufeira is a brilliant, lively and friendly town with lots to see and do, great places to eat and drink and an amazing beach. We only wished we had better weather to enjoy the boat trips, water parks and more time at the amazing Orada pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located approximately 1.5km from Albufeira Old Town and the beach, the Encosta Da Orada is a 3-star condominium . Each apartment features a master bedroom with bathroom, a separate living room and of course a kitchen. All apartments also have balconies from which you can admire the views. The complex also has a number of salted-water swimming pools and pleasant gardens to relax in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Expedia, Stayforlong S.L., Easy Market Spa, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Apartamentos Turisticos da Orada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartamentos Turisticos Da Orada Hotel Albufeira
- Orada Apartments Albufeira
- Orada Apartments Hotel Albufeira
- Apartamentos Turisticos Da Orada Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal