My husband and I were back to this fine hotel after an indecently short time! Again without our children. A request for an early check in was met with no problems, an enormous bonus when taking an early flight. This place has a "feel good" factor with its glorious views and manicured gardens. There is an overall feeling of cleanliness and a high standard of service throughout. There were some extra touches from our last visit such as outdoor double beds with a colourful array of beanbags scattered in the gardens facing the ocean. Bliss. This addition, the manager informed me was in response to sunbeds being dragged from the pool to said location. Clearly customer satisfaction of prime importance. In order to give a balanced view, if I had a criticism it would be the price of drinks and the slightly repetitive breakfasts. I longed to see a bowl of muesli yoghurt and some smoked fish perhaps? However ,prompt service of coffee served with warm milk and the offer of champagne at breakfast cushions any disappointment! I like the choice of being able to dine in the hotel or out.Often half board is forced on you. I would say that the seafood night let them down however as late diners suffer from the fish drying out under the lamps. I would imagine the offering pretty nice when consumed earlier on though.Had a great seafood stew in the restaurant tucked up in the hill opposite the "square" as you walk down from the hotel into the town. Delicious. Also liked "la cigale" right down at the water. All in all a perfect break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel stands overlooking Praia da Falesia in the charming town of Olhos de Agua, close to Albufeira in the Algarve. Surrounded by abundant green areas, the hotel enjoys direct access to the sea and the exceptional 8km long beach which is washed by the clear, calm waters of the Algarve sea. After a refreshing drink at the waters edge, a reviving plunge in one of the pools, a trip to the beach, a game of tennis or an invigorating massage, sit back and enjoy one of the Algarves most beautiful views from one of the hotel's restaurants. Make the most of your holidays to relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your PortoBay Falesia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Bay Falesia Albufeira
- PortoBay Falesia Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal