The last review 'Maxwell' just about said everything we would (apart from the room issue) Great staff, friendly and attentive. Good food, clean well maintained. ALL staff where uniform and look smart.
Our room was also a side'sea view' but with the benefit that you had a balcony bathed in sun well into the evening. Anyway why pay for a sea view when you can sit on the beach, terrace or garden and see it just as well?
Pool area was quiet and garden area peacefull. Always plenty of sun loungers and we loved the decking areas for sitting and getting some shade.
We ate here most lunchtimes and food was good with reasonable pricing. Beer is expensive. We also ate Italian here one night and it was excellent with live music and great service. I hope the Manager passes on our thanks to his staff for a lovely holiday.
The area of Olhos d'Agua was very built up but by the beach was great with plenty of places to eat and have a drink or ice cream. Fratelli Italian was one of the best I have ever been in with a very friendly owner. For Portugese food you would struggle to beat Ambrosia & Nectar.
We are a couple who are older and did enjoy the more peaceful level of this town. Not one for the 20's - 30's who want a high octane holiday destination!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel stands overlooking Praia da Falesia in the charming town of Olhos de Agua, close to Albufeira in the Algarve. Surrounded by abundant green areas, the hotel enjoys direct access to the sea and the exceptional 8km long beach which is washed by the clear, calm waters of the Algarve sea. After a refreshing drink at the waters edge, a reviving plunge in one of the pools, a trip to the beach, a game of tennis or an invigorating massage, sit back and enjoy one of the Algarves most beautiful views from one of the hotel's restaurants. Make the most of your holidays to relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK) and Hotels.com so you can book your PortoBay Falesia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Bay Falesia Albufeira
- PortoBay Falesia Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal