Our second visit here plus have been to one of their hotels in Madeira. It's a very good hotel group in our experience. The staff here are very welcoming and helpful, the reception staff always sorting out any little problems and checking back to make everything is ok.
The setting is fabulous - the large pool, plenty of sun loungers and a nice grassed area on the cliff top overlooking the sea and miles of sandy beach, then there is the beach itself to chill on. Nice pool bar and terraces to spend time eating and drinking al fresco. Great breakfasts and a nice a la carte Italian. The hotel does most things very well - fresh towels for pool and beach whenever you want, very clean and well looked after.
There are some nice restaurants in the area, including an Indian in a villa that makes you feel you are eating at someone's home on their terrace.
Only things that could be better are the buffet - a bit dull, not the best quality and does not change very much. We have had better elsewhere and it seems surprising as they do everything else so well (the Italian food is excellent as was breakfast and lunches - so they do have good chefs). Could do with more useful furniture in bedroom - almost no horizontal surfaces to put things out on. The entertainment on our last night was cringingly poor - looks of disbelief on everyone's faces you had to be there!
However, its a great place to go to and we do plan to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel stands overlooking Praia da Falesia in the charming town of Olhos de Agua, close to Albufeira in the Algarve. Surrounded by abundant green areas, the hotel enjoys direct access to the sea and the exceptional 8km long beach which is washed by the clear, calm waters of the Algarve sea. After a refreshing drink at the waters edge, a reviving plunge in one of the pools, a trip to the beach, a game of tennis or an invigorating massage, sit back and enjoy one of the Algarves most beautiful views from one of the hotel's restaurants. Make the most of your holidays to relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your PortoBay Falesia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Bay Falesia Albufeira
- PortoBay Falesia Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal