Stayed here on a mini-moon for 4 nights last week.
It's very much a good and bad situation. I'll start with the good:-
The public areas are great - pool is fab, lobby is spotlessly clean.
The staff are great! So attentive. We arrived early before check in time so we went for a drink in the bar and a bit of sunbathing. The gentleman from the check in desk came and found us as soon as our room was ready.
The hotel delivered a bottle of Prosecco to our room on arrival as it was our mini-moon.
The bed was extremely comfortable. Seemed like maybe a memory foam mattress, although I could be wrong, but it was great.
Location is great - Ochos D'Agua is a lovely little town - plenty of choices to eat and drink and the hotel is only a short walk down a bit of a hill.
The beach is lovely too (not strictly part of the hotel but I thought I'd mention it!)
The rooms are distinctly average. Definitely wouldn't call them generous rooms.
The silly extra costs - wi fi €6 per 24 hours and €1.50 a day for the safe is RIDICULOUS. When you're paying that much for a room you expect those things to be standard, which brings me to the next point - the cost.
For what you get bedroom-wise it's an expensive hotel. For example a large beer is €4.80 in the bar whereas you can go around the corner and get a large beer for around €2 and you'll get free wi fi with that too!!
Would I stay here again? I'd have to say no. Purely based on value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel stands overlooking Praia da Falesia in the charming town of Olhos de Agua, close to Albufeira in the Algarve. Surrounded by abundant green areas, the hotel enjoys direct access to the sea and the exceptional 8km long beach which is washed by the clear, calm waters of the Algarve sea. After a refreshing drink at the waters edge, a reviving plunge in one of the pools, a trip to the beach, a game of tennis or an invigorating massage, sit back and enjoy one of the Algarves most beautiful views from one of the hotel's restaurants. Make the most of your holidays to relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your PortoBay Falesia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Bay Falesia Albufeira
- PortoBay Falesia Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal