We booked this hotel last year for a short break for my birthday, somewhere in the sun (well we hoped). We were not dissappointed the hotel was really lovely and definately a 4 star. The staff were so helpful ad could not do enough for you. The rooms were very clean and the accessories were very good. The pool was very big and surrounding gardens full of flowers. Plenty of sun beds and plenty of places to sit in little nooks and crannys. The views are breathtaking looking out over the Atlantic. We stayed B&B and could not fault the food. Your culd eat from 7.30 to 10.30 and on the sun terrace as well. We were lucky the sun shone all the 5 days we were there.
There are a few CONS though -
Dogs barking which are very annoying especially in the early morning but then the hotel cant do anything about that.
We had quite a lot of drilling going on in the hotel, as this is the early season I suppose they had to do maintenance.
We had to asked to be moved as we had a crying baby next door at night ad early morning but there was no trouble in moving rooms as the hotel was not full. Might be a problem if it was full. I suggest they put all the children at one end of the hotel it would make it easier on the other customers sleep.
I would not recommend this hotel to the invalid or infirm as it is on a steep hill and everywhere has hills to get to anywhere. Although it is good for people who like hiking.
The last con is there is a charge for the Internet which is 6 Euros a day which is rather expensive considering you can walk down the road and go into one of the little bars and get it free, this does not make any sense and if the gave it free in the reception people woould not go out for a drink.
Last con is although the view is beautiful it is 127 steps down to the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel stands overlooking Praia da Falesia in the charming town of Olhos de Agua, close to Albufeira in the Algarve. Surrounded by abundant green areas, the hotel enjoys direct access to the sea and the exceptional 8km long beach which is washed by the clear, calm waters of the Algarve sea. After a refreshing drink at the waters edge, a reviving plunge in one of the pools, a trip to the beach, a game of tennis or an invigorating massage, sit back and enjoy one of the Algarves most beautiful views from one of the hotel's restaurants. Make the most of your holidays to relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your PortoBay Falesia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Bay Falesia Albufeira
- PortoBay Falesia Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal