This was our second visit to the hotel, and as the first time we found the staff extremely courteous, the hotel clean & the food good.
Can't say the same about the Bar entertainment or the Broadband though.
We walked into the bar twice, & straight back out again, twice.
We purchased the Broadband for the seven days, the same as last year, but whereas we had a front facing room last year with good Broadband access, our rear facing room had next to nothing this year, which cost me nearly £30 in Roaming charges. The guy on reception made a a point of telling us that they would make an exception with us and refund our payment. Very good of him wouldn't you say? The manager then offered us the use of the business room (just a desk really!) on the 1st floor which had Internet access, but not convenient to go down two floors and practically half the length of the hotel every time either of us wanted to look up something on the internet or send/receive an email.
A simple rule to remember is, that when you book, make sure you specify if you need it, a room that DOES access the Internet AT THE TIME OF BOOKING.
The poolside cafe staff are also very strict with what you can and can't have to accompany your meal. No flexibility AT ALL. If you want wedges with your sandwich instead of the dreadful crisps provided, FORGET IT!
Not the sort of service you'd expect from a Four Star hotel. I've had more choice at a Little Chef.
Lastly, & not really the Hotel's fault I suppose, if you're going for a swim in the outside pool in April, get ready for a shock. The water feels as cold as the Atlantic Ocean that it overlooks, and there is no lifeguard on duty at the in, or outside pool. Again this may be because it's early in the year, but a surprise never the less, as you could drown from shock when you dive in.
All in all a good hotel, excellent staff especially the Housekeepers, but not in my opinion, worthy of the four stars I'm afraid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel stands overlooking Praia da Falesia in the charming town of Olhos de Agua, close to Albufeira in the Algarve. Surrounded by abundant green areas, the hotel enjoys direct access to the sea and the exceptional 8km long beach which is washed by the clear, calm waters of the Algarve sea. After a refreshing drink at the waters edge, a reviving plunge in one of the pools, a trip to the beach, a game of tennis or an invigorating massage, sit back and enjoy one of the Algarves most beautiful views from one of the hotel's restaurants. Make the most of your holidays to relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Alpha Holidays Limited, Expedia, getaroom.com, LateRooms, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your PortoBay Falesia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Bay Falesia Albufeira
- PortoBay Falesia Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal