We last visited this part of the Algarve 10 years ago and returned because of the fabulous Falesia Beach and we were not disappointed!
The location of this hotel is absolutely fantastic and we could not fault it, even had 4 double sunloungers overlooking the cliffs and the sea - felt like you were on an exclusive holiday and were the only guests! Pool obviously very chilly at this time of year - but necessary at times to cool down. There was also a pool restaurant for lunch with the same wonderful views over the sea.
Food wasn't great - very average style of buffet, nowhere near as good as we have had on all-inclusive holidays! The restaurant that you could pay for in the hotel in the evenings was mainly pasta and pizzas and certainly not worth the money or a visit to. We did change our half board option on several occasions so that we had lunch instead of dinner in the evenings, this entitled you to 15 Euros each to spend on lunch in the pool bar restaurant, whereby the food seemed to be of a much better standard but you struggled to only spend 15 Euros each - often it was much more including drinks. There were a few very good restaurants a 10 minute walk away - The Ambrosia, Portuguese restaurant was excellent - the hotel will suggest a few and give you map.
The staff at reception, the staff at the bar in the evening and the maids were extremely helpful - we did not find this to be the case so much in the hotel restaurants though and on several occasions it was difficult to get a drink around the pool, due to lack of waiters/waitressess in the afternoon.
Definately more of a couples hotel - not much going on for children or teenagers and entertainment in the evening was ok, but certainly not fantastic! We would however, revisit due to the location of the hotel, but one week would be adequate as we felt the hotel was a bit dated could do an update from the 80's!
Overrall a very relaxing and memorable break and we will revisit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel stands overlooking Praia da Falesia in the charming town of Olhos de Agua, close to Albufeira in the Algarve. Surrounded by abundant green areas, the hotel enjoys direct access to the sea and the exceptional 8km long beach which is washed by the clear, calm waters of the Algarve sea. After a refreshing drink at the waters edge, a reviving plunge in one of the pools, a trip to the beach, a game of tennis or an invigorating massage, sit back and enjoy one of the Algarves most beautiful views from one of the hotel's restaurants. Make the most of your holidays to relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Alpha Holidays Limited, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your PortoBay Falesia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Bay Falesia Albufeira
- PortoBay Falesia Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal