This hotel exceeded my expectations of a 4*.
The rooms were spacious and beds unbelievably comfortable with a slim duvet rather than just a sheet and fluffy pillows. Complimentary Rituals products everyday.
Reception were always friendly and helpful with taxi’s and when we couldn’t work out our safe in our room!
Breakfast was really good, everything you could want, fresh fruit bar, bread station, cheese & meats, eggs, sausages and pancakes! And you can have a glass of bubbles too, which I thought was a nice touch. Tea & coffee served to your table and the rest was buffet style.
We ate lunch in the bar restaurant a few days and the food was great, it was well made and a lot of it! the waiters and waitresses were really helpful and recommended some good wine. There was waiter service to your sun loungers too.
The setting of the hotel is beautiful, lots of places to sunbathe with a few quiet areas overlooking the cliffs and beach. The beach is a walk down some steep steps and you can walk all the way along the beach to the marina, which takes about an hour and half, with some nice places to stop along the way.
We visited the bar in the evening a couple of times, and they had a lady signing, but it was a bit dry. It was nice for a quiet drink and they made a mean Hendricks and tonic! We were younger than most there and preferred somewhere with a bit more atmosphere, but still good for a quite drink.
Overall I would highly recommend and would definitely go back – It is good for couples.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel stands overlooking Praia da Falesia in the charming town of Olhos de Agua, close to Albufeira in the Algarve. Surrounded by abundant green areas, the hotel enjoys direct access to the sea and the exceptional 8km long beach which is washed by the clear, calm waters of the Algarve sea. After a refreshing drink at the waters edge, a reviving plunge in one of the pools, a trip to the beach, a game of tennis or an invigorating massage, sit back and enjoy one of the Algarves most beautiful views from one of the hotel's restaurants. Make the most of your holidays to relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Alpha Holidays Limited, Booking.com, Expedia, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your PortoBay Falesia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Bay Falesia Albufeira
- PortoBay Falesia Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal